New dyno numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
See duane told ya about Doc ;)

take what RPS says with a .00001 grain of salt, but you have advantage over most of us, no not money! Magazine Coverage! RPS could give two flying fucks about $ as I have my incident with them to show and you know my feeling on them.

MattOneDizzle

URPHUKDNOW
Feb 4, 2007
Portland, OREGON
tissimo said:
lol @ the vid

maybe open the garage door?

When you dyno cars like Duanes, and like this.. http://www.rrevstore.com/onedime/duck.wmv the neighbors tend to get a little upset over the noise. Plus our building is equipped with a HVAC system that can handle it. :icon_bigg

I have some more clips of Duanes car, but I'll save those for our next year end video.. Word on the street is we will have two more of the top three MK3's in the NW on the dyno very soon as well.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OH

MY

GOD

i was waiting for this. i love your car and this only makes me more amazed. what were your previous numbers? i have a strong feeling this warrants another go in SCC or similar tuner mag...

hear from any yet? or do you have to contact them...

i vaguely remember reading in your article you wanted to go for 1000 i think... i have the mag in a box somewhere...i'll have to check it out now. lol!

i'm waiting for the video to download, and it sucks.

so how do you know the clutch is slipping? dissproportionate RPM curves at the wheels as compared to the engine? or do you hear it...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
MRSUPRA said:
Nice job again.. If its not to much trouble, could you post your mod list?
That's pretty easy.... start with an '89 Supra Hardtop.

Pull everything out / off of it.

Throw most of that out.

Upgrade everything that's left.

Buy new / improved versions of everything you threw out. (Anyone feel like explaining the difference between a CT-26 and a T-88?)

Put it all back together.

Add a rollcage and turn up the boost.

Honest - I'm not kidding, the number of parts that he has on there from the original car isn't large, and virtually everything has been upgraded, at least once, in some way.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
GrimJack said:
That's pretty easy.... start with an '89 Supra Hardtop.

Pull everything out / off of it.

Throw most of that out.

Upgrade everything that's left.

Buy new / improved versions of everything you threw out. (Anyone feel like explaining the difference between a CT-26 and a T-88?)

Put it all back together.

Add a rollcage and turn up the boost.

Honest - I'm not kidding, the number of parts that he has on there from the original car isn't large, and virtually everything has been upgraded, at least once, in some way.

LOL..Yup that pretty much explains it :biglaugh:

Thanks guys for the comments :) The plan is to get another clutch then break past my 800 (which will be np) then add a 150 shot of juice :biglaugh:

Figit090 said:
i vaguely remember reading in your article you wanted to go for 1000 i think... i have the mag in a box somewhere...i'll have to check it out now. lol!

Yes it is the plan

Figit090 said:
so how do you know the clutch is slipping? dissproportionate RPM curves at the wheels as compared to the engine? or do you hear it...

It is both. You can see in it the graph and you can hear it on the dyno. (just not on the video)

Duane

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
GrimJack said:

Sure, I'll do that for you.

A T88 devours children, cars, fuel, and money when it spools. A CT26 just manages to pull in some air. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.