NEW Accordian hose replacement:: 4-Ply silicone replica.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I believe it's geared towards the aftermarket crowd, not fully intended as an OEM replacement for a bone stock car. it would work, you'd just have to clamp it to the turbo first, then clamp it to the air box.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Why not just call champion, and get a new factory one for $40? You could get 4 of them for the cost of that one. In my opinion, that looks cheap and crappy, but the silicone may be more effective for longer than a stocker.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
When I see this, I think... Perin. They make good products. I'd hazard a guess and say this accordian hose replacement will take a beating longer than the stocker ;).

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
starscream5000;1048643 said:
When I see this, I think... Perin. They make good products. I'd hazard a guess and say this accordian hose replacement will take a beating longer than the stocker ;).

i helped my friend install a perin intake on his WRX... i'll never buy perin products, the fitment was horrible, and it was a bitch to try and get the clamps on. plus you had to take out the nipple things in order to even shove it under the intake manifold.

im sure its a lot easier on the supra though!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
LOL, yeah, I'd say so. Most anything on that boxer 4 is a bitch to work on. I've installed Perin on SRT-4's before and they fit like a glove.

You can't get no more straight forward with installing this in the supra ;)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
starscream5000;1048663 said:
LOL, yeah, I'd say so. Most anything on that boxer 4 is a bitch to work on. I've installed Perin on SRT-4's before and they fit like a glove.

You can't get no more straight forward with installing this in the supra ;)

supra > everything else. hahahaha

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Looks like they took a normal accordian hose and used about 4 roles of black tape and just kept going over it. Just my thought

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If they were from KY (could be, like you and me) It'd be duct tape, hell, maybe even the camoflauge type ;)

Seriously thought, that's how silicone pieces are made, they are wound with strips of silicone, probably on a mold of some type for the shape needed.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
I was just thinking you know what make that look better would be some chrome duct tape. If we was to do that we could put Mr. Cooleeze out the door.