Neighbors house on fire! / updated pics and cause

Who

Supramania Contributor
Neighbors house on fire. I woke up to the sound of fireworks and when I looked outside I found this. The fire started in the garage. The firewall kept it from spreading to the rest of the house before the FD got there. Didn't get back to sleep till 4:00am from the adrenalin.

fire.jpg

Last edited:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well atleast we know that they have insurance to cover the damages of their car. I hope they have good enough home insurance. That right there is good reason for me to make sure I use very fire resistant materials in my garage and the rest of the house. Good to see that the damage was only to the garage and that everyone is ok.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
honestabe;1553884 said:
Well atleast we know that they have insurance to cover the damages of their car. I hope they have good enough home insurance. That right there is good reason for me to make sure I use very fire resistant materials in my garage and the rest of the house. Good to see that the damage was only to the garage and that everyone is ok.

It looks like the BMW may have started the fire. If thats the case the auto insurance should cover the house as well. I was very fortunate that my jetta was across the street and away from everything when it went up. Damn german wiring.... Unfortunate indeed, luckily noone was hurt.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
most of our garages are so chock full of asbestos, you couldn't even light a match in there...

seriously though, atleast there was no one injured (right?)

any word on what may have caused it?

Who

Supramania Contributor
honestabe;1553884 said:

Here in Florida they make you place fiberglass insulation and maybe a thicker gypsum board as a firewall between the garage and the living quarters. The door that separates the garage from the living quarters is also fire resistant or at least not like the interior doors. Proof positive that the code works. The rest of the house did get soot and smoke damage but at least the fire did not spread before the FD arrived.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

RazoE;1553892 said:
most of our garages are so chock full of asbestos, you couldn't even light a match in there...

seriously though, atleast there was no one injured (right?)

any word on what may have caused it?

No one was hurt.

The case is under investigation.