Needing vacuum help.

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
I have 89 7mgte, no egr and no isc right now. and the vacuum pipes that are bolt on the the intake manifold is gone aswell. i need help and info about what 5 vacuum outlets need to be capped or by passed to another port.

2 outlets on top of the throttle body.

2 outlets on the underside of the throttle body,
the one that points down
the one that points to the front of the car, think it went with the isc.

1 on the intake manifold that need the front of the car that look like a bolt with an outlet on the side.

Thanks for any help i can get.

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
Yes i been there are know how all the hoses good, but it has a aftermarket afpr and the isc is gone. i like to know if it would be better to cap off all the outlets or what.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
What, no Idle Speed Control at all? How does it run? In other words, how does the engine get any air to idle with the throttle plate closed?

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
it idles fine, when u give it gas when the engine still cold it tries to die out. that why i think block off all the ports is the problem. so i need to kno which ports can be capped with no problems.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Your ISC dosen't use a vacuum line so why is it even brought up? If anything just run a vacuum block off of the main vacuum port on the front side of the intake manifold. Then run the vacuum lines you need from that and block off the rest.

I little info. you might need to know is that the lines that go to the bottom side of the TB and IAC is for coolant, NOT vacuum. ;) I think you need to do some more time researching and studying the TSRM.

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
92nsx;1264459 said:
Your ISC dosen't use a vacuum line so why is it even brought up? If anything just run a vacuum block off of the main vacuum port on the front side of the intake manifold. Then run the vacuum lines you need from that and block off the rest.

I little info. you might need to know is that the lines that go to the bottom side of the TB and IAC is for coolant, NOT vacuum. ;) I think you need to do some more time researching and studying the TSRM.

it the one that points straight down to the intake and it is pulling vacuum, may be it tied in the all the vacuum tubing that was bolted to the intake manifold

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Number 1 and 2 are for coolant (on the bottom of the TB) and #3 is the main vacuum port coming out out of the intake manifold. ;) If you dont believe look it up in TSRM. Now why it would be pulling vacuum beats me. Maybe your TB is shot and has a hole in the coolant jacket.

EDIT: Here you go straight from TSRM
Do you see any red lines going to or from the under sided of the TB? BTW this is the vacuum lay out of the 7MGTE ;)
vacuum_2h.gif

Look at the bottom pic. This is the coolant lay out and lines.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=CO&P=2

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
92nsx;1265258 said:
Number 1 and 2 are for coolant (on the bottom of the TB) and #3 is the main vacuum port coming out out of the intake manifold. ;) If you dont believe look it up in TSRM. Now why it would be pulling vacuum beats me. Maybe your TB is shot and has a hole in the coolant jacket.

EDIT: Here you go straight from TSRM
Do you see any red lines going to or from the under sided of the TB? BTW this is the vacuum lay out of the 7MGTE ;)
vacuum_2h.gif

Look at the bottom pic. This is the coolant lay out and lines.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=CO&P=2

Yes i been at all of the TSRM and threads on here for the past four days. I wanted some other thoughts about it since there noone really where i live can tell anything about this car or even knows that its a Toyota. i get the "hey nice 240" all the time grrrr

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Ymh;1265277 said:
So the question is - Is it ok to cap off #3?

Of course you can. However, here are the consequences:
1. Your idle-up system will not work. That means that when you turn the wheel when stopped, your engine may stall out.
2. Your blow-off valve will not work. That means that your turbo will be wrecked fairly quickly if you have one. I am assuming you have a GTE engine.

Now, I can't examine the 25706 pipe right now, and the blow off valve vacuum piping follows a pretty complicated route, so please doublecheck.

I recommend you buy the stuff that is missing (it's all dirt cheap) from members that are parting-out, or the junkyard, and fix that (In my opinion) hack job that someone has done. To each his own, of course.

Do you have a photo of the overall engine? I'm curious to see what they've stuck on the ISC opening on the intake manifold! :)

Good luck

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ LOL Jim.

Ymh, you could block off #3 if you wanted I guess, but then where would you hook your vacuum lines up to? What are you going to do, drill and tap a new hole in the manifold some other place just so the vacuum port is in a different location? Sounds like a wast of resources to me. I would just use the main vacuum port (#3 in your pic) for the vacuum line. But you can do what ever you want.

Maybe your best bet is to reinstall the EGR (you want it anyways ;)), the IAC, and everything else you removed, and set it back up to OEM specs. There on the engine for a reason.

What are you going to remove next, the brakes, then cut a hole in the floor board and flintstone stop you car?????

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
I think he bought or inherited the car like that. I don't like what has been done to the car... but it happens. Ymh seems to want to fix it though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
92nsx;1265372 said:
^^^ LOL Jim.

Ymh, you could block off #3 if you wanted I guess, but then where would you hook your vacuum lines up to? What are you going to do, drill and tap a new hole in the manifold some other place just so the vacuum port is in a different location? Sounds like a wast of resources to me. I would just use the main vacuum port (#3 in your pic) for the vacuum line. But you can do what ever you want.

Maybe your best bet is to reinstall the EGR (you want it anyways ;)), the IAC, and everything else you removed, and set it back up to OEM specs. There on the engine for a reason.

What are you going to remove next, the brakes, then cut a hole in the floor board and flintstone stop you car?????

thanks for the joke and abuse but this is how i bought the car and been tring to get everything to par on the car.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ymh;1265410 said:
thanks for the joke and abuse but this is how i bought the car and been tring to get everything to par on the car.

So you want to get it up to par, then fix it the correct way. Buy the parts that you are missing (there is a huge F/S section here, or the local parts yard) and hook up the vacuum lines and coolant hoses according to TSRM.