Need seals for wings to a 3 piece spoiler!

ccwade

supraman
Dec 27, 2006
Central US
I am repainting my 91 turbo. I have checked to see if toyota still sells the small seals that go on the bottom of the wings to the spoiler. The rubber seals are no longer available. The seals keep out dirt and water. I don't know what I can use. If anyone has a suggestion on what I can use, I would greatly appreciate it. I also need the little round rubber tabs that go in the door handle to cushion the handle if you let go of it when you open the door. Thanks. :icon_bigg

ccwade

supraman
Dec 27, 2006
Central US
GrimJack;1344926 said:
I suspect that you talked to the wrong Toyota parts guy... I just replaced all those, picked them up from Mark at Vancouver Toyota in Washington.

I live in Wichita, Ks and there is only one toyota dealer in town. Do you know where I could order those from online? How much did you pay for them?
Thanks for the replies.:icon_bigg

ccwade

supraman
Dec 27, 2006
Central US
adampecush;1345080 said:
they don't make the exact seals, but generic ones you have to cut to length. No big deal.

Thanks for the reply, what are the generic ones called? and do you know where I can get any?:nono:

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
They make the seals here in iowa at the toyota too. I needed all of them and the price came to 160! Try using clear silicone around the wholes, the kind of silicone that seals fish tanks and bath tubs..

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
ccwade;1345109 said:
I live in Wichita, Ks and there is only one toyota dealer in town. Do you know where I could order those from online? How much did you pay for them?
Thanks for the replies.:icon_bigg

Call Champion Toyota at 1-800-327-2087, and ask for Jeff Watson. I'll bet that not only can he get you the parts (if they're still being made), but on most things he can order & ship them to you for less then your local dealership would charge you for the part.

ccwade

supraman
Dec 27, 2006
Central US
deabionni;1345132 said:
Call Champion Toyota at 1-800-327-2087, and ask for Jeff Watson. I'll bet that not only can he get you the parts (if they're still being made), but on most things he can order & ship them to you for less then your local dealership would charge you for the part.

okay, thanks i will give him a call.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
deabionni;1345132 said:
Agreed. I've ordered from both Jeff and Mark, they get me parts, shipped to Canada, including shipping and border fees, for about half what I can buy them for up here.

I've had the local dealer totally bullshit me too - new engine wiring harness not available, cost was over $4000 anyway, just fix your old one. Called Mark, $400, easily available, you can have it in a week.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
GrimJack;1345166 said:
I've had the local dealer totally bullshit me too - new engine wiring harness not available, cost was over $4000 anyway, just fix your old one. Called Mark, $400, easily available, you can have it in a week.

I got that same bullshit runaround 4 years ago. I got a new one 2 months ago for $400 as well.

ccwade

supraman
Dec 27, 2006
Central US
Thanks for all of the replies. I really appreciate all of the help. I would be interested in the part numbers for the seals. I am glad I posted my question, you guys are the best. Next time I go to the local toyota dealer I will have more questions for them. You think they would want the business. Thanks again for all of the help:icon_bigg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I usually dig up the part numbers ahead of time, but there were so many of these that I didn't bother. I just called Mark and asked him for all the spoiler seals. He even got me the one for the antenna.

simia

Mar 30, 2008
Australia
yea its better knowing the part numbers...
the toyota dealer close to me said that it didnt exist (whatever it was i was after at the time)
so went on forums, found the part number went back and gave them to him and he was like "well what do u know! they do exist!"
i wasnt too happy that i had to do his job for him.. but still got my parts in the end