Need help with BOV installation!!

LatinomaN

Aug 10, 2006
Vancouver, B.C
Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on to install a BOV... I know it's a stupid question but I'm not much of a grease monkey. I have a Greddy Type S BOV and I'm stuck at that, haha. I've been told I need to get the flange (which I don't know where to get) but I've seen them installed in so many different ways I don't know which way is correct or the best. Someone please help me out, thanks :)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
As serious as I can be...I don't recomend you installing any aftermarket parts ever if you can't understand how they work or where to mount such parts!

A blow off valve valve is as basic as it comes but can cause damage if mounted or set up incorrectly...

I'd assist you but a part of me questions if you even did any research at all prior to posting so I'd rather not waste my time when ten seconds of the most primitive google search would have answered your questions.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gaboonviper85;1523509 said:
As serious as I can be...I don't recomend you installing any aftermarket parts ever if you can't understand how they work or where to mount such parts!

A blow off valve valve is as basic as it comes but can cause damage if mounted or set up incorrectly...

I'd assist you but a part of me questions if you even did any research at all prior to posting so I'd rather not waste my time when ten seconds of the most primitive google search would have answered your questions.

The time you spent telling him you're not going to help could have been just as easily used pointing him in the right direction.... :nono:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
adapter pipe
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-bovpipegreddy.php

installed.
21kictc.jpg

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I did.... "google"

if he even went to the greddy website it would have shown him where to mount it and he could have done a dealer search where he could buy a flange etc..

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
LatinomaN;1523500 said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on to install a BOV... I know it's a stupid question but I'm not much of a grease monkey. I have a Greddy Type S BOV and I'm stuck at that, haha. I've been told I need to get the flange (which I don't know where to get) but I've seen them installed in so many different ways I don't know which way is correct or the best. Someone please help me out, thanks :)

You can get the flange off many websites including ebay... you just have to search... type in "Greddy blow of valve flange" all greddy BOV's use the same flange.

You install the BOV between the intercooler and the throttle body, closer to the throttle body the better. (within reason)

Pull your vacuum source directly from the manifold, connect it to the top port on the BOV.

The bottom nipple on the type-s can be hooked up to a boost source (anywhere between the turbo and the throttle body) It is suppose to give the BOV a faster response, some people use it others leave it open. I personally have it hooked up.