Need help! touch throttle car dies Problem fixed!

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
Salem, Oregon, United States
OK here is what I have done
I have replaced the TPS and set it corectly.
I have replaced the Map sensor
I have checked for vaccume leaks

The car will start and run.
When i touch the gas the car will studder and die.
If I unplug the map sensor from the plug I can rev the car

I need to know what else I can check... and how to test parts to make sure they are correct.

Thanks
Matt'!~

PROBLEM FIXED!!!

THERE WAS NO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR! JUST A -6AN FITTING ON THE RAIL CONNECTED TO THE FUEL LINE!!

THANKS FOR ALL WHO HELPED!

Last edited:

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Open up your ecu and see if its fine. Otherwise I would start looking at vacuum lines again. Take a can of carb and choke cleaner and spray your vacuum lines while the car is idling and see if the engine changes. If it does replace that vacuum line and retest it all.

Our engines are getting older so its an awesome idea to replace all your hoses and vacuum lines when you get the engine and before you install it.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Make sure you don't have the map sensor vac line running to the port that only sees vac when the throttle is open. (Next to the diag box on the intake)

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
Salem, Oregon, United States
SupraStardom;1409521 said:
Open up your ecu and see if its fine. Otherwise I would start looking at vacuum lines again. Take a can of carb and choke cleaner and spray your vacuum lines while the car is idling and see if the engine changes. If it does replace that vacuum line and retest it all.

Our engines are getting older so its an awesome idea to replace all your hoses and vacuum lines when you get the engine and before you install it.

JonoTurbo;1409588 said:
Make sure you don't have the map sensor vac line running to the port that only sees vac when the throttle is open. (Next to the diag box on the intake)

ECU is fine, vac lines are fine....

Think i figured something out...
Today I checked coils, and used fingernail polish on some minor cracks and also checked the ecu once more...

then I decided to kink the return line, while kinking the return line i can rev the car and it acts like a normal engine... why is it that i have to kink it???

Where is the fuel pressure regulator>?

Oxedizer

Jul 19, 2009
England
p1412205_1.gif

Matt.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The 1jz fpr is in a similar spot to the 7m's. It's on the end of the fuel rail by the throttle body.