Need help on Headgasket choices

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Rebuilt motor, forged pistons & rods. Need a metal headgasket. Was looking at 2mm. Now I want to know whats better, Stopper type, Bead type, Mls. Whats the difference. Looking at 500whp to 600whp

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
peer648;1616747 said:
Rebuilt motor, forged pistons & rods. Need a metal headgasket. Was looking at 2mm. Now I want to know whats better, Stopper type, Bead type, Mls. Whats the difference. Looking at 500whp to 600whp

Stopper has a stronger ring around the cylinders to make it a little less prone to failing and will hold up more power. But bead type doesn't have this but I dont think it will honestly matter lol. Hks is the normal people go with so is recommend them.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
not going to be pushing a cometic to fail at these power levels either. All in the tune at this point. whats your deck height and head volume? what pistons? you should also get the quench area figured out as well.. picking a 2mm just because is not advised

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Deck height : stock
Head volume : sotck
So what would be the best, was looking to low the compression a bit

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

pistons 8,4:1 0,040 oversized

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
The amount of material removed in the prep process (hean and block) will determine your ending deck height. Once the surface is flat, then you decide the size.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
I'd go Stopper.

Is there an availibility of bore options on the Stopper? I saw on one website that had them FS that said they could work up to 86mm. That is obviously way larger than our bore, even if oversized internals are used. So it that just the bore of the stopper or are there a few choices?

Thanks,
Sam