Need Help Installing Tial Bov

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
I Just Bought A Tial Bov Flange From DriftMotion Do Any One Know How To Install Into Stock piping? Does AnyOne Know a Good location To install it in
Thank you

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
you have got to be kidding me.

thats not what a tial is for. if you are planning on using the stock piping, you will probably need to get a pipe made with the flange welded on, or make some kind of adapter yourself. honestly, ive never seen it done... and probably for good reason.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Driftmotion sells an aluminum pipe that is made to install all types of BOV. You should call Aaron and ask him about it. It's not very expensive and it works great. gl

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
oh i bought it already 32 after shipping..its just I'm having trouble finding a place to place the BOV on at..Aron told me i can just put it were the plastic piping is at but the according pipe and etc is blocking my way

My motor is basically all stock hoping to install it by tomorrow before work

THanks guys for the help

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
True, venting a BOV to the atmosphere on a stock motor, has the potential to make driving a real pain. I hope you’re not doing it just so your car makes a cool noise, and that you understand how venting a BOV to the atmosphere causes our motors to behave.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Dirgle said:
True, venting a BOV to the atmosphere on a stock motor, has the potential to make driving a real pain. I hope you’re not doing it just so your car makes a cool noise, and that you understand how venting a BOV to the atmosphere causes our motors to behave like a dying racoon

fixed it for ya

Number 1 your almost stock.....

Number 2 if your almost stock im sure u are still using the stock afm system...

Number 3 your gonna get pissed at your car when it stalls out at redlights or falls on its face after boosting.....

Number 4 spend the money on better things and work your way up to using mapecu/ speed density to get rid of the afm....

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Lol. Yeah, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and trying to be nice. And then you’re going to get those guys in here that swear up and down that venting to the atmosphere doesn’t affect their motors.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Dirgle said:
Lol. Yeah, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and trying to be nice. And then you’re going to get those guys in here that swear up and down that venting to the atmosphere doesn’t affect their motors.

true true but you are also gonna get the guys like us who swere that not rec the bov or bpv lets metered air escape..... which in turn causing a rich condition which bogs the motor....

sorry but im on a rant lol

plus im pretty excited about my upcoming 1jz swap :sarcasm:

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
trust me i don't vent into the atmosphere its all connected..I'm just trying to find a way to install the BOV without having to go to an exhaust shop and having them bend pipes to fit it..

thanks guys..but I'm really trying to make my motor run better i just really wanted a BOV thats it

you know how it is when you really want something you have to get it well i fixed my need for right now

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
88tsupra said:
trust me i don't vent into the atmosphere its all connected..I'm just trying to find a way to install the BOV without having to go to an exhaust shop and having them bend pipes to fit it..

thanks guys..but I'm really trying to make my motor run better i just really wanted a BOV thats it

you know how it is when you really want something you have to get it well i fixed my need for right now

how are u gonna not vent to atmosphere with a tial....

i thought there was no way to rec them....

C

cnewingham

there is no way to recirc the Tial. plus you are stock so you would have been better off with a greddy or hks type bov that is actually adjustable. the tial is a spring rate bov. not to be an ass but you should do a little research next time to save you all the troubles you are having. Search first then ask before buying things and you can save a lot of money. I have learned from exper. as many of us have so learn from us

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
cnewingham said:
there is no way to recirc the Tial. plus you are stock so you would have been better off with a greddy or hks type bov that is actually adjustable. the tial is a spring rate bov. not to be an ass but you should do a little research next time to save you all the troubles you are having. Search first then ask before buying things and you can save a lot of money. I have learned from exper. as many of us have so learn from us

oh shit i forgot about the tial not being adjustable......

yeah doing research before u dive in head first is always a plus

plus the bov sound/looks isnt worth the car running like shit

just my 2cents

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
88tsupra said:
impulse buy is another word for it. you probably WILL have to go to the exhaust shop and have them bend pipe for a recir fitting, but fitting it is a compleately different story. you could spend more money and go with a fuel managment help smooth out things so your car doesn't get pissed when you let off the throttle. but once again that translates to more money.
is this your first turbo car?

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
this is my first car period. im only 19 i got it for my high school graduation gift..THe TIal BOV came with a little fitting on top of it that looks like you can recirculate it back into the manifold but i was told not to take off the stock one if i dont have an EMS or Fuel system will that be ok

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The little fitting on top is the boost/vacc line that goes to the manifold to tell it when to open and vent to ATMOSPHERE via the side ports.....:nono:

you can't recirc a Tial.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
mkIIIman089 said:
Just total it and get it over with...
no dont tell him to do that . if anything its a great learning expierence. it breaks you fix it, learn a little, breaks again, fix it again. the question is how far is he willing to go to learn and what sacrifices will be made.
88tsupra said:
but i was told not to take off the stock one if i dont have an EMS or Fuel system will that be ok
Say that again

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
^ But when you have such a huge resource and knowledge base as SM at your fingertips you can bypass some of the expense/pain of learning ;)

Just need to learn how to ask smart questions is all.