Need help converting 88 to 89 look

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
if I owned a pre-89, I sure as hell wouldn't change out the parts (well, myabe the climate control and steering wheel, plus the higher speedo), but looks wise, I like the older style in some ways as well...

IF I put 89+ tails on a pre-89, I'd paint the center section bodycolor as it looked really good on cars I've seen it done to...

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Poodles said:
if I owned a pre-89, I sure as hell wouldn't change out the parts (well, myabe the climate control and steering wheel, plus the higher speedo), but looks wise, I like the older style in some ways as well...

IF I put 89+ tails on a pre-89, I'd paint the center section bodycolor as it looked really good on cars I've seen it done to...

I have to admit, I do have a 91 climate control. It does look alot better.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
While on the subject of pre 89. Are there two different taillight control boxes for cars w and w/o spoilers? I bought a spoiler for my N/A 88 and my dashlight stays on.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
suprabad said:
I have to admit, I do have a 91 climate control. It does look alot better.

you see, the same way you like the 89+ climate control, (cause it looks better), the majority of folks like 89+ everything else...

same reasoning...

mine is already an 89, so I got lucky...:D

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
you know i knew this would turn into a vs thread but everyones talking like its a FACT that pre-89 is better and that everyone that converts to 89+ is stupid or sumthing. Why dont people understand that some people just prefer the 89+ compared to pre-89 and thats a question i want answered not laughed at.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
gsmokez said:
you know i knew this would turn into a vs thread but everyones talking like its a FACT that pre-89 is better and that everyone that converts to 89+ is stupid or sumthing. Why dont people understand that some people just prefer the 89+ compared to pre-89 and thats a question i want answered not laughed at.

No-one is laughing at you, were laughing with you.

Seriously, that's what you're gonna get. This is a forum of enthusiasts who are generally pretty passionate and committed to their opinions and tastes, We all know we're right!

I should say that I would rather have an 89+ Supra than almost any other car (with the exception of a pre-89).

I think the differences of opinion, and to a certain extent getting flamed and having my ass chewed out is definitely part of the fun of being here. And I value opposing views and opinions (even if I don't admit it at the time).

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Saavedro88 said:
BACK to the TOPIC!...

How is bolting on a post 89 spoiler the hardest thing to do?

Square holes, lining everything up, getting it all mounted properly, need to change out the antenna, etc.

Changing the tail lights is 98% plug and play.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i like the look of both styles. i wanted to get the tails for my 87, but i just couldn't see paying so much just for lights, when mine are in perfect condtion and i still like how they look.