Need help asap supra is on the side of the road!

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
ok so I was driving and all of a sudden the check engine light, battery light, and rear tail light come on and i lose power. i pull of to the side of the road and i thought it was the alternator. i got a new one a few months ago so then i started to think that wasnt the problem. I texted matt (highnitro) and he said move the cps wires around and try it. i did that and it started up then when i rev to 2k it starts to make a noise like a quiet rev limiter sound then it dies. do i need a new cps? i trust matt just want to make sure i dont buy a new one and thats not the problem. thanks.

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
IJ.;1474616 said:
Check the plug on the AFM as well.

could it be the afm screws are tightened too much or are too loose? I don't think it could be the screws because i've been driving around with with the same adjustment for a few months and haven't had any problems. I'll check the afm when i can get a car to take out to the parking lot i pushed it in.

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
IJ.;1474621 said:
If the wiring or connector is a bit dodgy it will only rev to about 2000 then fall on it's face, I doubt it's the screw as it's been running till now.

Yeah thats what i figured. Answered my own question while asking it. So you dont think the cps is the problem?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The CPS is a basic bit of gear it usually either works or doesn't, 9 times out of 10 it's the wiring/connector has been fried when some genius has removed the heat shielding around it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
airhead04;1474653 said:
I had the same problem, and still do. I wiggle the cps wiring and its fine for a while.

Now that I think about it, IJ do you know if Pheonix tuning may be able to fix that wiring?

You can still buy the pins/clips and connector bodies from Toyota, the clips come with short flyleads so 15 minutes with a crimper and you should be good!

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
IJ.;1474660 said:
You can still buy the pins/clips and connector bodies from Toyota, the clips come with short flyleads so 15 minutes with a crimper and you should be good!

Cool, thanks.

Dmiller, maybe you could try that if you havent already. Lord knows I need to, and will be. :biglaugh:

Thanks IJ