Need bodyman's advice. Punk kids fucked up the GF's car.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
So my girlfriend parked her car on the circle in front of my house last night. (Yes, the same circle that my jetta burnt up on last christmas.) At some point last night, some punks apparently attempted to kick in her sunroof. While they failed to do so, they bent her roof inward to the point where she cant open her sunroof because the roof hits the glass. I'm afraid that its going to leak now as well. The roof doesn't appear to have any bad kinks or creases in the sheet metal. The best idea I've come up with yet is to try to pull it back up with a 5" suction cup I have. Feel free to discuss, but at the same time, if someone who has experience with how to fix this sort of thing has a suggestion on how to fix it, I would love to hear it.

laurensroof002.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I know you guys love pics, so heres all of them. People suck.

laurensroof007.jpg

laurensroof006.jpg

laurensroof005.jpg

laurensroof004.jpg

laurensroof003.jpg

laurensroof002.jpg

laurensroof001.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
bets bet is to take off the headliner and try to pop it up from the inside, or call dent wizard and they'll do it for you.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
first of all, is it insured?, if so call the police... fill out a report and file on it. looks to me like the skin needs a lot of work. could also be some structure damage.
if no insurance... id pull the headliner and push out any dents. id also be inspecting the supports at this time as well.
second i see a nice seat on the porch... id be hiding there with a shotgun waiting for them to come back!

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
I may pull the headliner off and see if I can get it back where it belongs. She doesnt want to deal with the insurance co/police because the car is in her fathers name, and hes just gonna give her a bunch of headaches. I have my brothers 12 ga while he is away at school. They can choose between that the 9mm or the 40sw if they think this is going to be a recurring event.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think I would clean the roof off real well and try the old rubber toilet plunger trick first myself.

AFTER you call the police and let them have a good look at it. Who know maybe they arrested some punks last night doing this to someones car nearby, they may even have your guys already.

But don't touch it till you talk to the cops.

The the old hotwater heated toilet plunger treatment maybe all you need for the dents.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Suction cup straightened everything out, I was somewhat pleased with the outcome, she was very pleased. Cops had zero interest in the incident. I know Ian, unfortunately we always run short on parking. I'd say the circle is bad luck, but it seems inescapable as the "greater circle area" is victim to it. Apparently other neighbors have had more issues lately, and people are starting to get pissed off.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Im thinking you need to install a security camera and lights and aim them at your car, maybe u can catch these punks..or get a shotgun and wait 0.o

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Shotguns are good, so are cameras, but I like dobermans too. Cameras don't stop a crime, just record it. And you'll loose a lot of sleep waiting for them yourself. Dobermans art the best of both worlds! Aggressive response with no lost sleep.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Neodeuccio;1621257 said:
Shotguns are good, so are cameras, but I like dobermans too. Cameras don't stop a crime, just record it. And you'll loose a lot of sleep waiting for them yourself. Dobermans art the best of both worlds! Aggressive response with no lost sleep.

why dont u have a talk with the neibors and u all chip in and buy one lol, save everybody from getting there car F'd up