Need a good socket set that wont cost me an arm and a leg

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
IJ. said:
Wingy: I hope you're NOT using Chrome plated sockets with the impact gun :(

I try to avoid it as much as possible, but there have been a few instances where an impact socket won't quite fit because of the thickness. I had a single set dedicated for those situations though, I had another set for the regular ratchet.

have to agree on the snap on ratchets though, I have yet to find a more comfortable driver to use.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way after an incident with a wobble joint. I'll never use any kind of air tool again without gloves or safety glasses, if I'm going to lose body parts I'm going to sell them in mexico, not lose them on the job.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I've had my husky set for years now. Havent broke a ratchet yet. Even using my 3/8 ratchet with a 5 foot bar to break some tough bolts hasnt killed it.

I used Snapon at Wyotech and hated them. Working in tight spaces the ratchets wouldnt click over a tooth so I had to pull the ratchet back off the bolt turn it by hand and then put it back on, repeat.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I broke my Husky extendable ratchet in 2 weeks. :(

9ed744fb-2e08-4257-8169-ced97d3d7245_3.jpg

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...atchallpartial_mode+matchall_0_0_level1_HUSKY

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
FYI....

"O-Allen" sockets and wrenches are made by the same foundry, out of the same steel as matco and some other high name tools.

Except they cost alot less. You can find them at Menards and other places....

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
eh, for some reason i like Craftsman. I'v used Both Matco and SNap on. and i dont like them, theyre expensive and IMO i hate them. Although i'v broken a Several Craftsman Sockets in half, literally, but eh, Just use an Impact Socket if your gonna take something off that's Torqued alot. but idk i dont like matco or snap on

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
MDCmotorsports said:
FYI....

"O-Allen" sockets and wrenches are made by the same foundry, out of the same steel as matco and some other high name tools.

Except they cost alot less. You can find them at Menards and other places....

"OH-allen"?

:naughty: