Need 7mgte rebuild help

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When you reply you will see a button below the window you type in.
Click on "GO ADVANCED" and it will have a whole mess of buttons on top of the window you type in.

If you hover you mouse over the tiny pictures it will show you descriptions. Look for "Image".

Click on that...

It will allow you to "Insert Image" from your computer or a URL. If you want to use external links from this forum, you can use a photo web (free) that will allow you to link from it.

Lots of options there, but I don't use them.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice start. Looks like the quarter panels are in decent shape. I generally don't give a crap about the drivetrain as long as the body is straight.. lol. We all end up building our engines anyway in the end.

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
That would be your HAC sensor.... Aka High altitude compensation sensor. It mounts to the glove box support bar.

Sent from my SGH-i777 using Tapatalk 2

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was gonna say that while you had the dash out to look at the heater core. Just had mine replaced and it is a bitch to get to (last thing to reach while disassembling the entire dash area). Its not that difficult to do with the dash already out.. lol. (Shops book it at 9 hours labor)

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Word to the wise....if your budget allows it get forged pistons and make sure the rods are at least re-sized.. make sure that the crank and bottom end is service by a good machine shop and get the crank mains align honed to make sure all things will stay together.
I have found that if you go slow and save for the right parts and do it right the 1st time you won't have to do it over. Now if you can't afford it go the cheap route and re use what you have but at least make sure the bottom end is taken care of properly with a main align hone, and re-sizing of the rods along with a new oil pump.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Pull the head and take a look, if it looks good, just MHG it with arp studs and get the head work with new valve seals and go for the comp cam springs if you can.

Your threads suggest you will be at a stand alone ems in the near future so just aim for that now. Bring everything up to par and and replace all maintenance items.

PM me to discuss further.