Nashman V2 vs C'/Other R154 Short Shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Alright, I have posted in this thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...o-C-s-or-Nashman-v2-shifter&highlight=nashman in the JZ section about what shifter is better with no response, so I will open it up here. Mods do as you see fit.

I currently have a C's with a Marlin Crawler shifter seat bucket. While the throws are significantly shorter than the stock R154, it is a bit notchy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my transmission or not (I'm changing the fluids soon), however I've heard from a lot of ppl that the C's are notchy. I'm curious if the Nashman V2 is better than the C's or how they stack up. I don't know how to make the Marlin Crawler bushing (not the seat) I ordered work with the C's as it has solid bushings and a weird mount. I'm simply curious as to how they stack up.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
The R154 is notchy period. With new bushings and a short shifter its bound to get pretty radical. Redline fluid will make it smoother in the shifting process but you can't get rid of the notchy feel. Just pretend your in a racecar and your golden ;)

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I've wanted a C's Short Shifter. I've tried the Nashman V2, and the throws are ridiculously short yet a bit too stiff for my liking. I like the S3 cause the shifts seem to be pretty much smooth as stock yet significantly shorter.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
No I don't think so. To be honest, I have no idea if it did or not. But all I remember was how stupidly short the throws were.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
I have tried the oem sogi modded shifter, Nashman v2, and the C's shifter. The r154 is a notchy transmission and people need to accept that. I have a built marlin crawler r154, with new redline mt fluid.

The first short shifter I used was the Nashman v2, it was a great shifter but the way I had it (lowest setting) it was indeed notchy, too much for my liking. I never tried to raise the shifter but I assume if i did i would have more leverage and it would not be as notchy. The shifts were precise and extremely short.

I then replaced it with a C's shifter and the shifts are not as short as the nashman but its much smoother and stock shifter height (not a fan of that, a little shorter wouldve been nice.) But other than that, I love my C's shifter. It took me a while to find one for sale and with that being said I dont think i will let it go anytime soon. Great shifter, great quality and rare! So if your in the market for one and see one pop up for sale, jump on it!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Poodles;1876666 said:
C's is not rare...

They are discontinued, and they pop up on the forums time to time. But I guess they arnt rare according to poodles. I've only seen a few and I bought one of them from a member on here...

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I tried an S3 on my friend's car and I quite liked it. The throws were relatively short and quite smooth. I would get one if I had the money (stupid flight school being all expensive, won't let me buy Supra parts lol).

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
through raptor I chose this one;

Description-3.jpg

have not used it yet...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
xzeror;1876674 said:
They are discontinued, and they pop up on the forums time to time. But I guess they arnt rare according to poodles. I've only seen a few and I bought one of them from a member on here...

Incorrect, MVPMotorsports got them to start producing them again.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Wow nice shit. But dam i just checked and they are asking 370 for it o.o... good thing i got mine for wayyy less :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zumtizzle;1876627 said:
S3 is the Jim King Shifter Supra sport sells now, It's a C's knockoff with improvements.
I did not know this, but they do look VERY similar. Good info! Curious what improvements they made though, do you have more info?

DOUBL3 D;1876652 said:
Does anyone know how to make the Marlin Crawler bushing worth with the C's?
You only need the very bottom bushing with the C's, the top (round) bushing is replaced with an extension that allows for the longer fulcrum.

Poodles;1876666 said:
C's is not rare...

Poodles;1876809 said:
Incorrect, MVPMotorsports got them to start producing them again.
Very interesting, when did this happen? I was always under the impression that they were long since discontinued...

Status
Not open for further replies.