NASA nuking the moon?

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
So whats this bs i hear about NASA nuking the moon on October 9th at 7:30am. I guess they think there is water vapor in the moon or something? Is it actually going to happen or is it just another conspiracy? Discuss.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I don't think it's dangerous to anyone, it is a little bold of the US to go bombing the moon - considering it does belong to the whole earth, not just the US. LOL

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
This is what's going to happen

moon_crash.jpg

Watch the movie "Time Machine (2002)"

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
mkIIIman089;1411744 said:
I don't think it's dangerous to anyone, it is a little bold of the US to go bombing the moon - considering it does belong to the whole earth, not just the US. LOL

Ok, so even if we dont have anything to loose, what do we have to gain? How do we know it wont hurt us, we have never done it before.
Granted I havent done any research yet, but my initial reatction is:wtf:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Ummmmm, I don't seen anything about nukes. It's a booster rocket that will have enough velocity to make one hell of an explosion, nothing more.

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Why are all the "smart" people on this planet trying to destroy life as we know it.

We dont know whats going to happen when we throw a missile at our only moon.

Or what will happen when they finally collide those certain atoms at that certain speed at that certain material.....

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The moon is larger than you may think, the missile isn't going to do shit to it (the craters on it's surface are from far FAR larger impacts)

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Mondo;1414646 said:
Why are all the "smart" people on this planet trying to destroy life as we know it.

maybe they are just doing us a favor by beating the rest of us to the punch

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Is it possible they're just smarter than most of you and are doing so for the benefit (not detriment) of mankind?

They are looking for water, btw.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Poodles;1414662 said:
The moon is larger than you may think, the missile isn't going to do shit to it (the craters on it's surface are from far FAR larger impacts)

A voice of reason. Thank you.

One of the reasons to do such a test would be to find a source of water on the moon to use for some kind of manned base or station in the future.
Another is to find more sources of water as we all use up our planets most valuable resource by polluting it and sprinkling it upon our lawns.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
ms07s;1414669 said:
NASA is doing it because they have too much taxpayer money and free time.

I hope you are joking.

You're right, we should spend the drop in the bucket that NASA gets to constantly research and develop things to improve life on earth and beyond on more DOD funding. We dont have enough of that!

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
They don't need to launch a missile at it though.

Drilling would have been a MUCH smarter decision.
Doesn't piss off half the country
Doesnt destroy that water if there is some there (Fire/Heat + Water = Steam)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well apparently some guy at NASA plays a lot of fallout 3 and say WTF let's play for real America! lol

i HAVE pHYSICAL TESTING FOR A LOCAL pd i WANNA WORK FOR THAT MORNING AT 0800 SO IT'LL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF WE ALL DIE OR NOT LOL