name this clutch

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Thanks. I was curious because i was told it was a TRD super single. That was all the info i ever got on it. But anyway, it's almost burnt up after 4000 km!
I didnt even abuse it...
barly lasted one season! prob could keep using it but it aint gonna hold the 600+whp the car should put out once its running again.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You want to know why it's almost gone? You're running a stock pressure plate on it. There's less surface area on the 3-puck vs a full face, plus it's a harder compound on that clutch, both of which will require more pressure to hold.

Upgrade your pressure plate. The pressure plate holds the power, not the clutch.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
annoyingrob said:
You want to know why it's almost gone? You're running a stock pressure plate on it. There's less surface area on the 3-puck vs a full face, plus it's a harder compound on that clutch, both of which will require more pressure to hold.

Upgrade your pressure plate. The pressure plate holds the power, not the clutch.

My importer did the clutch swap for me.
Alls i new was they were puttin in a trd clutch.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Whatever the clutch is, it's not going to hold with your existing setup. Assuming the importer did put in a new clutch disk, that disk in there is almost gone. You run that with your setup, you'll need to rip it all appart again to put in a new one in 6 months.

You already have the tranny out to put in a lightweight flywheel, an RPS MAX clutch, and 3200lb pressure plate will run you another $1100cad for parts, and will take NO additionl labour, as the tranny's already out. The labour's already done, just upgrade it.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I haven't been over there for a week or two. Last I saw it, it was up on the hoist waiting for the arrival of the new flywheel. I would assume all that's left is to fab up some IC piping, and plug in a V-Pro.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looks like teh tranny's back in. They're just mounting that valve for your oil cooler. What the hell is up with that thing. I like where you put the cooler, but what's with the HUGE -10 lines going back to your tranny, then back up to the block? You're going to have like 4L of oil just in those lines!

Could have mounted the valve underneath the cooler, and saved yourself like 8 feet of -10 hose