Name that bracket!

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Trying to keep from adding parts to the extras bin! So please enlighten me, does anyone know where this bracket comes from? I believe it came from the AC assembly somewhere, but i have no idea... can't find any matches in the EPC, I hope it's familiar to someone!

bracket.jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I cleaned and painted it ;)

JaV, i find it strange that it would be from the interior, but anything is possible!

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
looks like the bracket that hold one of the relays thats under the afm, in taht location. right were the a/c pipes are

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Yblegal91t said:
looks like the bracket that hold one of the relays thats under the afm, in taht location. right were the a/c pipes are

i know which bracket your talking about and that aint it, i'll dig through my engine bay and see if i can find it. for now the best guess i'd have to agree on is the ECU bracket. It obviously bolts onto the body somewhere which is why it has that tooth on it.

i'll take a look around the car, what have you taken out of the interior?

This is why i apply the bagy + sharpie rule to my work.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I have a feeling it's for the throttle linkage, but I'd have to check in the morning

this stuff is easy if I can hold it in my hand, I've had my car apart too many times...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yup i think i know what it is from the stock boost persure sencer for your boost gauge if i remmber right

this is one of my guess with out looking at car

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Damn YOU JaV!!

americanjebus said:
i know which bracket your talking about and that aint it, i'll dig through my engine bay and see if i can find it. for now the best guess i'd have to agree on is the ECU bracket. It obviously bolts onto the body somewhere which is why it has that tooth on it.

i'll take a look around the car, what have you taken out of the interior?

This is why i apply the bagy + sharpie rule to my work.

I did the baggy+sharpie for alot of stuff, but at one point I got impatient and just tore everything apart lol, got alot done that day, but stupid considering how much time is wasted later... oh well! I'll learn eventually...

Not much is removed from the interior, glovebox, center console, guage cluster ECU is removed, haven't checked if it's for that yet, sounds like I should!

For anyone that's taken the A/C system apart it looks like it goes with one of those square spaces with a stud in each side (theres one on each of the 3 brackets on the bottom right http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291410/catalog.aspx?F=8718&P=1 )

Once we figure this out, I think I have another bracket that needs ID, :biglaugh:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
NashMan said:
yup i think i know what it is from the stock boost persure sencer for your boost gauge if i remmber right

this is one of my guess with out looking at car

Could definitely be that! I'll check tomorrow, if I can find the sensor LOL

I still don't get IJ's Bob....