N/A>Turbo problems

88raven

Aug 23, 2010
lancaster,ca
Hi just recently put a gt45r on my N/A mk3 its running fine on 6 psi but im worried if i turn up the boost will the stock ecu handle it and if there are any stand alone ecu for the N/A model or do i have to go with a piggy back??

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Gt45 is a huge turbo. Especially for a stock na motor on na electronics.

You really should switch to a standalone or gte electronics and a piggy back at the least.

88raven

Aug 23, 2010
lancaster,ca
I should have added that the engine was rebuilt with turbo internals as in lower compression pistons and other stuff...but the only problem is that i cant find a stand alone for the na only gte and i will go piggy back if i cant find a stand alone

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Ugh.. go GTE electronics. Far better than N/A. It shouldn't cost much money at all, I got my entire setup for my swap for ~400 dollars.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No way the NA ECU is going to function under boost well. There's a reason Toyota had 2 different electronics setups...

Also, a standalone works on anything.

88raven

Aug 23, 2010
lancaster,ca
The car has actually been running better with the turbo than with out and as far as a stand alone...i cant find one for the N/A just turbo model...so i may have to go with the gte harness and electronics