mystery wire (w/pic)

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Finding all kind of suprises on this supra. So I removed the ISCV today and staring me in the face was this wire. It comes right off the engine wiring harness where it passes under the ISCV. I tried checking the tsrm electrical diagrams but I might as well be reading brail.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
try and check for codes if ligth doesnt flash at all then CEL is burned or you can strip a part of the end and see if its insulated.

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Yeah, definitely is a shielded cable, thanks. I was wondering because I don't have any codes and the CEL is not burnt out, I know this because strangely I saw the bulb wasn't there :)icon_roll) when I had my gauge cluster out so I replaced it. I checked the knock sensors themselves and they both have a wire coming out of them. I do remember the previous owner saying he recently completed a rewire of them before he put it up for sale, but I know while saying it's done is one thing, I cannot assume it was done right.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
take the glove box out and look at the ecu and see if the two clear wires have been cut and rewire to a different wire then trace it through the firewall to the underside of the intake manifold. that mystery wire look like it was purposely cut for the harness clip to be reuse in the rewire. thats how i did mine and i left the orinal wire hanging there so the next guy that own my car would wonder the same as u do now, but instead ill give him a binder with all my mods.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
edit: nevermind imperfect supra pretty much beat me to it. it also couldve been spliced. but most likely imperfect supra is right.