My Supra vs. built T66 B18 Civic Hatch

Sinful7m

addicted to boost...
Aug 26, 2009
Oldbridge Nj
true hondas have come a long way so im not going to knock them im about 10 minutes from raceway park in oldbridge nj

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Sinful7m;1401665 said:
ive been around my share of douche bags and their fast hondas out here in nj too and frankly im still not impressed or scared to run any of them you win some you lose some the only think i can give credit to is power to weight because thats the only thing they have going for them theres nothing in the world like a supra i dont care how much horsepower your making to the wheels of your honda youll never feel a real pull until youve driven a supra thats just my 2 cents tho

^ This

I like the videos.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Zazzn;1404973 said:
Good races!

So how come you decided GT40 after all this ?:)

I went ahead and bought a single kit anyway until I made up my mind. I had two singles here I wanted to try. Just waiting for me to get bored with the first one.

I still have the Sard twin kit here, debating on whether or not to have the turbo's upgraded or sell it or build another motor and put it into another car. I have a friend here who's thinking about buying the kit from me and upgrading the twins himself. Less than $900 for T04 upgrades on both with them being rebuilt.

I'm probably just going to throw this Comp 74mm on there I have sitting around. I know how you feel about Comp turbo but this one has the Borg Warner extended tip wheel so I'm hoping for similar BW performance with a ball bearing cartridge which BW doesn't even offer. Triple, dual, single ball bearing... As long as it's ball bearing I'm happy, and this one's the triple w/ .84 divided.

Right now I just want to drive my car. It's been down literally for about six years for military and other activities overseas. Everything is running on this car like a top, and there's nothing else in my area except for a few cars that are faster.

Cruising around and hanging out has been all I wanted to do, all the time. The GT40R might be the smallest of the large frame turbos, maybe not as good power wise as a 67mm, but it will still make near or over 500whp on pump easily and without Meth.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
wow awesome races. i've been in 400whp turbo'd civics before and that was one quick civic. i used to be into hondas, until i bought my 1st mk3 supra. i liked the last vid where the turbo civic pulled on that c6 z06 and the z06 hit the brakes cause he didnt want to be embasrressed too bad lol... all i can say is wow, all that for a four wheeler... musta been one heck of a four wheeler.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
turbodriz;1402835 said:
I would have to agree with the whole power to rate ratio. There is one more thing that impresses me. When u see a honda make any number like 800hp and up. That is 200hp per cyclinder. Being a power junky I am impressed by that mere fact. Still again there is nothing like rwd. Where in Nj do u live.

There are alot of 2j's making over 200 per cylinder..And they aren't on dart blocks.lol

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
thats very impressive for the civic at only 10psi. I have a friend with a stroked ls/vtec 2.1l thats making right at 680whp @27psi. so i think he needs to turn up the boost since its built. nice kill though man.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Mc319;1449703 said:
very nice bubble nd preety fast but no
match for a heavily modded, large singled, and Stinger controlled mkiii

Might be difficult to grasp the powerband of this Civic.... It's motor is creme de la creme on the inside where power is made. I'm impressed by whoever put it together. I don't think all Civics run half this damned well because not many people actually upgrade to larger valves. This is not a normal Civic.

Only difference now is my SMC Meth Injection kit just came back. I am happy. I have nothing but good things to say about these guys.