My Supra vs. built T66 B18 Civic Hatch

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Had a great time, here are the vids. First imaginary race in Mexico between my car and a friend's T66, built B18 block, standalone in a light weight Civic Hatch. JZ for life. 1.5JZ, GT40R/1.06, cams, fuel pump. He's on 10 PSI, I am on 11-14PSI. He weighs 2,200lbs I weigh 36XX? I have no idea who owns either car because the cars are not real. Looks to me like they are on some kind of highway doing a 5-65mph normal acceleration with slipping clutches.

The first race I did NOT expect this Honda to be so quick. Took me all the way into fourth before I started to slowly start creeping up to his window before he lets off. I was ready for the second run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n807wrpSaWU

No brake boost.

Here's the second race.

Brake boost mod applied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhIpAsropXU

Win.

After talking to him, He actually thought he was going to win too. His friend in the 1st video believed the honda was not going to get beat by a friggin 87 model toyota. He heard me and my buddy talk about how the supra was going to win and that honda was still an autozone economy race car (we just joked about the 2JZ no shit vid), and he laughed at that idea... then it's just silent in the 2nd vid. I'd go from a higher roll, but I insisted I at least need my targa on for that one, and I'm sure that honda doesn't run out of breath over 140, but that's just a guess as I have no real world idea.... He declined. They are cool peeps. He's running the new synapse wastegate too.

Since he's had the car, he now has his first loss.

Here is a video of the same civic in ATL. It is at :45 and 1:45. Some good references as to how fast it really is, pulls away strong from a pullied cobra. This is a fast civic that makes about 420whp in full tune, and will probably run a high 11/low 12 in the 1320 on it's 10PSI setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqubHMM6J8Y

Coincidentally it's also my 1,000th post. wth

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Wow, if this had been an actual emergency we would have been informed........wait, wrong commercial.

Cool races Jeff. If you guys ever do any actual racing instead of the make believe stuff, try and get some actual footage of it. Thanks.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
I luv my supra. But been around a lot fully built b and h series motors. More like 6oohp and up. Because of the weight difference the supra has to make a good 100hp more at bare minimum for it to even be a race. There are alot of b series motor pushing well into the 900hp range right now. Still supra for life. If i had that same money invested into my supra i guess I would have one hell of a sup too

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
turbodriz;1401618 said:
I luv my supra. But been around a lot fully built b and h series motors. More like 6oohp and up. Because of the weight difference the supra has to make a good 100hp more at bare minimum for it to even be a race. There are alot of b series motor pushing well into the 900hp range right now. Still supra for life. If i had that same money invested into my supra i guess I would have one hell of a sup too

900hps b series....? i rather stick with rear wheel drive i drove a 2000 prelude for 3 years theres nothing like rwd you can have more fun.... :biglaugh:

Sinful7m

addicted to boost...
Aug 26, 2009
Oldbridge Nj
ive been around my share of douche bags and their fast hondas out here in nj too and frankly im still not impressed or scared to run any of them you win some you lose some the only think i can give credit to is power to weight because thats the only thing they have going for them theres nothing in the world like a supra i dont care how much horsepower your making to the wheels of your honda youll never feel a real pull until youve driven a supra thats just my 2 cents tho

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
440whp. If I set my boost at 11 PSI, it will creep to 14PSI.

If I set it to 14PSI on the boost controller, it holds 14PSI all the way through the pull as far as I can tell. I don't know how much more power it makes through the pull either, but if I had to guess that 3 PSI difference puts me over 450whp for sure.

I still haven't used meth on anybody. So far I've been very pleased with this tune and setup. It's just way conservative and still making good power. I've never had the car over 14PSI but this turbo has made 500whp+ at 19lbs of boost on several 2J's on SF, and I hope to make that without meth and at 17-18 PSI on 93. The car is kinda scary for me, I'm still not tired of it yet. Once I get used to it I'll raise the boost. I like the 1.06 housing with the extra lag since I can brake boost in 1st gear :)

That civic... It's basically a drag motor in a few layers of paint holding the glass on the car with wheels on it. He got the car from a trade, straight up for a four wheeler. Not a bad deal at all.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
RacerXJ220;1401764 said:
440whp. If I set my boost at 11 PSI, it will creep to 14PSI.

If I set it to 14PSI on the boost controller, it holds 14PSI all the way through the pull as far as I can tell. I don't know how much more power it makes through the pull either, but if I had to guess that 3 PSI difference puts me over 450whp for sure.

I still haven't used meth on anybody. So far I've been very pleased with this tune and setup. It's just way conservative and still making good power. I've never had the car over 14PSI but this turbo has made 500whp+ at 19lbs of boost on several 2J's on SF, and I hope to make that without meth and at 17-18 PSI on 93. The car is kinda scary for me, I'm still not tired of it yet. Once I get used to it I'll raise the boost. I like the 1.06 housing with the extra lag since I can brake boost in 1st gear :)

That civic... It's basically a drag motor in a few layers of paint holding the glass on the car with wheels on it. He got the car from a trade, straight up for a four wheeler. Not a bad deal at all.

Great power from such low boost. I have no doubt this setup will break 500whp at 18 psi. When do you get full boost with that large housing?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
10secdream;1401862 said:
Great power from such low boost. I have no doubt this setup will break 500whp at 18 psi. When do you get full boost with that large housing?

Thanks a lot. According to the dyno 4700-5000 ish is where I hit full boost. Brake boosting works great, and my 3rd to 4th gear pulls put full boost close to 4,000 on the street with the extra load.

I did a lot of reading on this turbo after I bought it. It's a fun street turbo, and the guys at Full Race love this housing and say any the other size housings aren't worth anyone's time.

I don't have any other housing to compare it to with personal experience like they do. They tried all of the housings for the GT40R. None performed as well as the 1.06 divided.

I think the secret is that the torque never drops off, it just pulls until you run out of RPM.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I need to start practicing my brake boosting. I could never race anyone in first gear though because I would have to hit it at half throttle...........if I had a larger rear housing I could probably go from a first gear roll.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
Sinful7m;1401665 said:
ive been around my share of douche bags and their fast hondas out here in nj too and frankly im still not impressed or scared to run any of them you win some you lose some the only think i can give credit to is power to weight because thats the only thing they have going for them theres nothing in the world like a supra i dont care how much horsepower your making to the wheels of your honda youll never feel a real pull until youve driven a supra thats just my 2 cents tho

I would have to agree with the whole power to rate ratio. There is one more thing that impresses me. When u see a honda make any number like 800hp and up. That is 200hp per cyclinder. Being a power junky I am impressed by that mere fact. Still again there is nothing like rwd. Where in Nj do u live.