My Supra vs a 91 NSX w/32b motor

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
A handful of us are taking a short cruise tomorrow and one of the guys has a 91 NSX. The only mods are wheels and exhaust.

The other cars are a Honduh and a DSM.

The NSX should be a good run; but, I think I have a little more grunt than he does. We'll see if his lightweight will get me though...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
87M-GTE;1287429 said:
NSX's are over rated.
Good luck, cant wait to hear the outcome!

-Sam

Until one blows your doors off in the twisties...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You should get him in a straight line pretty easy. Stock they make 280hp at the flywheel.

Honda didn't build them for straight line performance by a long shot..

And yes, everyone loves Supras..except Mustang guys..

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, they will certainly out handle a supra; but, I think with enough grunt, the right supra could hang even in the twisties. Not mine though. ;)

I rode in it and it pulls all the way to redline. ~8k. They don't seem to have the same flat spot in power like we do around 5k.

Eh...it'll be fun. And man are we ready to get on the road! Gotta love clearing the mind while in a Supra! :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
He's ~700lbs lighter than you, which puts his required power to wax your ass about where his should be, stock. It will probably be pretty damn close... unless his mods are giving him more than a few percentage points, in which case he should walk you pretty easy.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
yea you might lose this one... considering power to weight ratios... a c32 motor makes 290hp... the c30's only made like 270hp but c32's are SO much better than the c30 from the factory that itslike comparing a 7m to a 1jz.... but GL with the race. cant wait to see the vid. Remember, he will have mad top-end once he hits vtec.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I don't know that I'd care to own one; but, I like how low it sits. And when you get in, it literally feels like you're sitting on the ground. Plus the stinking thing revs FOREVER!

If I lose, it will be a worthy loss. Definitely better than getting beat by a mustang! ;)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The wonderful thing is, if it's close, a couple more pounds of boost and you'll be winning easy. Cost to you? Not a thing.

If *HE* wants to up the power, he's looking at a shitload of dough on top of a pile of work. :D

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
jdma70;1287670 said:
... Remember, he will have mad top-end once he hits vtec.

I was under the impression that in the English language, any time a sentence ends in the term VTEC (or the phrase "JDM tyte"), it must always be followed by the interjection "YO".
I could be wrong, through.
:naughty:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
CajunKenny;1287526 said:
Well, they will certainly out handle a supra; but, I think with enough grunt, the right supra could hang even in the twisties. Not mine though. ;)

I rode in it and it pulls all the way to redline. ~8k. They don't seem to have the same flat spot in power like we do around 5k.

Eh...it'll be fun. And man are we ready to get on the road! Gotta love clearing the mind while in a Supra! :)

Grunt has little to do with it in this situation. Suspension setup, on the other hand, plays a huge roll. A MKIII with a solid, well built suspension assembly, good driver, and some weight reduction would be fun to see against an NSX in the twisties.