My recent dealings with the local Honda dealer.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
This is what I just went through with a Honda dealership in Keene, NH (Honda of Keene) and why I probably won't deal with them ever again if I can help it.

1995 Honda Civic EX
ordered 8 rod bearings Thursday, 1/18/07, with Mike in parts.
received 10 main bearings Friday, 1/19/07
ordered 8 rod bearings Friday, 1/19/07 (again), with Mike.
overnight shipments do not arrive Saturdays, paid extra for nothing? Nope, not quite.
Mike admitted to his mistake, and said there would be no extra charge for overnight shipment which is all well and good, but the price doesn't help that the car still won't be done for Monday.
Alright, so the total on the rod bearings is roughly $56, and they'll be in Monday.
Called back to order an oil pan gasket about an hour later, speak to (John?) (in stock, $20) to be put aside and delivered when the rod bearings come in, but to call me before they leave to deliver the parts, as I may need some more parts since we'll be working on the car.

monday, 1/22/07
Roughly 1:45pm, parts are delivered randomly. Total price is $122.16? What? Why am I being charged $15.27/ea for bearings when I was quoted about $6.75/ea?
Wait, where's the oil pan gasket? It's not on the invoice, nor is it here...
$122.16 is a far cry from $56 (not to mention I was initially quoted about $25 for the rod bearings before he realized I'd need 8 for the job...)
Ponder over the price and inquire with the driver why I was charged list, she gets on the phone with the parts dep't right away.

I speak with yet another parts guy (Matt) to resolve this ordeal. Tells me that Mike is out sick today, and the other guy isn't there.
He didn't see the note for the oil pan gasket, and was simply not notified about it. Simple miscommunication, I understand. It happens.

He sees that I was charged list, and says he will fix it. Tells me that my new total is $74.08
I ask if that includes the oil pan gasket, he says no, and starts looking it up.
I ask why it's now $74.08 for the same bearings when Friday, they were only $56
He doesn't have an answer for me, saying that list is $11.xx/ea on the bearings. (what happened to $15.27?)
He ultimately comes to the conclusion that I was quoted COST on the bearings, and that he'll have to talk to Mike tomorrow about what happened...
I told him this is putting us pretty far over budget considering what we originally figured into the final price with the prices initially given provided that we still need an oil pan gasket.
He simply said he'd have to talk to Mike in the morning about it.

So, that leaves me $20 over budget, an oil pan gasket short, and this letter.

all of this because "girls don't check oil."

Last edited:

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Why get the parts from the dealer? You could have gotten them from a NAPA or AUTOZONE right ? Seems that unless the dealer is doing the work its a waste to go there. Even then it may be a waste to go there either way.

Good luck with Toyota...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Wasn't my choice as to where the parts were coming from. I made that suggestion, he wanted Honda bearings, I can't blame him though.
I'll use Toyota bearings when my engine is being built, so...

the girl is his girl. trust me, she wouldn't be mine

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well I can relate, the local Toyota Crooks charged me 1,000 dollars and tax for a whole new PS pump, steering rack, and all new hoses and it took them 3 and 1/2 weeks and 3 PS pumps to figure out the rack was shot. Then they gave me a loaner car so it was ok just expensive and annoying, but I did drive a 2006 Camry V6 to school for that time period.

P.S. I do my own work but PS systems I don't like dicking with especially with the tools I have, very limited.