My new(to me) car!!!

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Well it is a 1997 Chevy Camaro. It was a V6 car but the kid I bought it from blew it up and swapped the LT1/T56 in it about a year ago. It is a monster. It feels real nice and really torque-y. It has some really shitty BBK shorty headers and some ghetto air intake on it but that will soon change. I have a friend selling Hooker long tubes and another friend selling a SLP cold air intake. It has half-ass stripped interior. Right now it still has the V6 open diff in it but he sold me the car with a posi so I am real happy. I just have to take the time to install the new rear end. I got it for $2100. Anyways here are some pics. I will take more later.

3164583116_71524a8548_b.jpg

3163749413_5441b29a7b_b.jpg

3163749549_cbe94ce258_b.jpg

3163749713_830081f4c8_b.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
good deal for $2100. Have any under hood pics? Now just need a interior and some paint. But never the less a good deal for $2100 if you ask me.

01SvtSnakeBite

Turbo Time!
Jan 3, 2009
Sc
Those are Very fun cars! The torque is pretty sweet. You gonna h/c/i it?? What kinda gears u gonna run... 4.11's?? I agree with painting it black..my buddy had a black one w/ blacked out windows...it looks great on that year body. good luck with it!

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the comments everyone!!!!!
My plans are at this point to get the SLP cold air and Hooker long tubes with custom exhaust(modifying the current exhaust). I am going to get the tail light fixed and tint them. I am planning on painting the car white but leaving the head light area black. I don't know what it is but I love this car in white. To be 100% honest I was never a big fan of these cars or Chevy in general but this car grew on me. Im not going to "fix" the interior just strip it out. The gauge cluster doesn't work because it is a V6 cluster with a V8 motor. So I have to find a Z28 gauge cluster. The motor is a 94 but has a 93 ECU and a Painless harness. I am looking for a 94 ECU/harness but haven't found one yet.

Ill get some under the hood pics tomorrow when there is some day light.
As far as the 4.11's, I am not planning on doing that yet. I am just going to put the stock posi in when I get some time.

I am going to get nitrous and that's about it as far as power mods for right now.

Ill update the pics tomorrow.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Have fun with the Opti-spark :D

My friend had an SS in that bodystyle. Ran 3.73's, SLD headers, cam, head work, CAI, tuning.... He then bought a base model LS1 Camaro and with JUST tuning, put down more power and was faster everywhere...

Need underhood pics...

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Poodles;1215981 said:
Have fun with the Opti-spark :D

My friend had an SS in that bodystyle. Ran 3.73's, SLD headers, cam, head work, CAI, tuning.... He then bought a base model LS1 Camaro and with JUST tuning, put down more power and was faster everywhere...

Need underhood pics...

Ha thanks. Opti spark isn't bad, the water pump on top the opti spark is the problem. I plan on replacing the water pump here in the next few weeks and replacing the stock cap and rotor with a MSD cap and rotor. I just ordered a SPEC stage 2 clutch for it last night. Next week I plan on ordering a MSD digital 6 because I want a two step and I NEED the rev limiter lowered.

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
A little update. Sorry about no engine pics yet. I just have been lazy and not taken any. I am going to be recieving my SPEC Stage 2 clutch in the mail tomorrow!! Woot Woot!!!
Well anyways. I went to the track today to see what times I can pull in it. Well if was pretty much exactly how I expected them to be. I went 14.04@107mph. The shitty clutch was slipping halfway through third gear, and the open diff was amazingly good at not giving me traction.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Hahah yeah, my deceased friend had about 3 irocs, 2 lt1's, and an SS that he sold for a c5 and then a c5 z06...

I hated the interiors, but once he stepped on it, all was forgiven..:D