my new project 89 supra turbo 3E5 RED

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
3e5 red 89 supra turbo 5spd hardtop

UPDATE: 11/04/07 updated pics on the 4th page
UPDATE: high quality pics after paint http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58339
UPDATE: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=900721&postcount=80
UPDATE: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=907876&postcount=91

everything painted

the car is a 89 turbo 5spd supra

exterior:

bomex side skirts
bomex rear bumper extensions
shine auto (bomex replica) whale tail wing....
intrax lowering Springs Drop: 1.6" Front 1.3" Rear
Anka ADR45 17x8 wheels
245/45/17 on front , 255/45/17 on rear

mods: as of now

metal headgasket with arp's
3" downpipe
3" exhaust with obx muffler with 3" inlet
cold air intake filter
turbo xs manual boost controller set to 10-11 psi
driftmotion ss powersteering pressure line

engine runs excellant!!!!!!

future hp goal is 500rwhp....

car is newly painted

a buddy of mine daniel (certified autobody and paint tech) bought the car ( to resell after painting)he started painting on it and i traded for it so i could be back in another supra. car will be finished with paint within about a week...
car was sanded down to metal , then primed and blocked out before painting and clearing with the stock color red

no rust on the car anywhere and no body damage... and interior is in good shape aside from the console lid.....so the starting point to a great supra is there....

These are the pics that were taken while it was in the process of getting painted and put back together..

p771369_1.jpg

p771369_2.jpg

p771369_3.jpg

p771369_4.jpg

Last edited:

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
Looks goood! I'm diggin the bomex look. Nice work D!

Now get that puppie together and on the road ken!:icon_bigg

suprarcr89

bluemkiii said:
Usually I don't like the wingless look but I'm really diggy your set up, keep up the good work!

its not going to be wingless ive got a bomex whale tail wing going on it just it and the rest of the stuff will be painted later this week then I will put all on and take more pics....

I updated my first post stating about the whale tail wing.. I thought I put it in there but I didnt....

suprarcr89

tookwik4u89 said:
WOW...that looks familiar:)

yeah i just checked your thread out very nice work.....

You got the back bumper I want on my car....

my buddy will get the rest of the car painted so i can put it back together by this weekend and i can get some more pics... Im going to get a kamanari(sp?) rear bumper by next summer.. just havent decided for the front either a lip for the stock front bumper or a bomex style front bumper
for now it will have

stock front bumper
bomex sides
bomex rear bumper pieces
bomex whale tail wing...

suprarcr89

come down anytime jesse...

thanks forcedtorque... daniel is painting hopefully the rest of the parts thursday... he works full time plus goes to school full time(after completing and graduating from auto body and paint he decided he didnt want to do it for a living just as a part time hobby thing..) so time is a little bit of the issue but she will be completely done within 2 weeks....

drove it today man shes got a good running engine that i can tell so far...

I had to bolt the unpainted hood,mirrors, frontbumper on the car so i could drive it today.. she runs great.... except for missing two gears in the tranny she has no flaws in the running dept..... but ill have the tranny swapped out this weekend:icon_razz ....

suprarcr89

UPDATE: 10/05/07 me and anthony(antman) got new tranny in today she shifts great.....

also got front bumper and hood painted yesterday pics coming soon....

and it does have lowering springs... intrax Springs Drop: 1.6" Front 1.3" Rear

Last edited:

suprarcr89

heres updated pics..... the headlight covers and mirrors that are on the car in the pics have not been painted yet..(i put them on the car so it could be driven) the headlight covers, mirrors, molding, and wing should be painted this weekend

before i put the parking lights in
p786424_1.jpg

p786424_2.jpg

p786424_3.jpg

pic with parking lights in (anthony caught me installing them.....)
p786424_4.jpg

Im wanting to get the paint off the tail lights they look good just not for me.. or if the paint cant be taken off and the tails saved I will buy more tail lights....

I have more pics but the sun was shining directly on the car and it altered the color.. makes it look orangish.... these were the only one that showed the actual color... I have since installed the foglights since the pics were taken......

I will keep everyone updated with pics

P.S.
she is running great...

Last edited: