My FIRST car - Aloshan's 2JTHIS

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
What's shipping like to Australia? I'd sell you my brand-new never-installed SupraStickv4 computer if you're still interested in keeping it auto. PM me.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
IJ.;1826488 said:
Not a member can't view it, might be an idea to remove "Stroked" from your sig then, next questions is are you SURE it has the TRD Cams?

And take 2j out of the title, I got excited... Then saw it was only a 7m..... Just kidding.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Zumtizzle;1826486 said:
This car is tight!

You indian?

Its getting there....

Yeah Im south african indian man , came from south africa to australia about 8 years ago.

www.facebook.com/aloshan.dookie

IJ.;1826488 said:
Not a member can't view it, might be an idea to remove "Stroked" from your sig then, next questions is are you SURE it has the TRD Cams?

ok ok I will since im not sure. No it doesnt have TRD cams....there was a post about this before as well. Removed valve covers to reveal TODA R cams

anyway here is the post from toymods , should explain further
Default Re: Aloshan's "2JTHIS"

Quote Originally Posted by HKS_TRD View Post
wow, you do realise you quite possibly have the only stroked 7M in Australia or at least on the forums in Australia. I'm sure many people would be keen to know more details on the crank such as where it was sourced from, how much the stroke has been increased by and hence final capacity.Have the rods been changed as well?

i dont know i didnt build the motor. I was told it was stroked. I believe the new stroke was just over 8mm increasing the bore to under 3.2L. I do know he used forged pistons as to any other details not to sure . Im also not talking to him anymore so getting specifics would be difficult. This is to be taken with a grain of salt as I was told there where TRD group a cams with 12mm lift only to reveal TODA R cams when i pulled the valve covers of for the first time , so truthfully, who knows......

this is what people came up with :

http://i55.tinypic.com/10xdahu.jpg

"looks like a half counterweight 6m crank to me, its definitely a cast item not aftermarket billet. big end journals dont look to have been offset ground. the rods look to have been linished/polished and maybe peened but appear to be toyota items with stock journals. stock rods alone are a pretty good indicator that it remains standard stroke.

it has prepped rods and forgies so it will most likely hold upto a bit of abuse. pistons are probably 84mm (0.040 oversize) which brings it to a bees dick over 3lt on a standard crank. "

A. Jay;1826494 said:
What's shipping like to Australia? I'd sell you my brand-new never-installed SupraStickv4 computer if you're still interested in keeping it auto. PM me.

shipping isn't to bad , thinking of buying one of these. They are about 400 brand new though , i have alot of other stuff to do first.

S.A. supra;1826845 said:
And take 2j out of the title, I got excited... Then saw it was only a 7m..... Just kidding.

nope. 2jthis is staying :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
No 7M's have Cast cranks they're all forged both the 6M and the 7M ones.

Had to wonder at the TRD cams as there's a LOT of extra machine work to get them room to swing in a 7M head not to mention unless you had a High Stall in the Auto it'd be a total pig to drive.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
IJ.;1827439 said:
No 7M's have Cast cranks they're all forged both the 6M and the 7M ones.

Had to wonder at the TRD cams as there's a LOT of extra machine work to get them room to swing in a 7M head not to mention unless you had a High Stall in the Auto it'd be a total pig to drive.

i have a forged crank and forged pistons..? Yayyy :)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
so I upgraded my brakes from my 280mm ga70 rotors + calipers to the bigger 300mm ma70 rotors.went ahead and got slotted dba rotors while I was at it. Complimented them with Intima Sr pads

p1831081_1.jpg

p1831081_2.jpg

p1831081_3.jpg

p1831081_4.jpg

p1831081_5.jpg

p1831081_6.jpg

p1831081_7.jpg

p1831081_8.jpg

p1831081_9.jpg

p1831081_10.jpg

also finally put a timing cover back on, carbon fiber

p1831081_11.jpg

p1831081_12.jpg

Patiently awaiting my 60-1 conversion kit so I can throw my turbo back in

Also installed an AEM wideband today because I had time, and hooked up my HDi ebc(well the cabin part anyway) including the Hdi boost gauge that came as a set. Il post pics on those when I have actually them running after the turbo install.oh and can a mod move this thread to the members rides section please.