My FFIM...thoughts on it?

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
To the OP. What is the length of the manifold from the end of the number 6 runner to the end of the plenum? It looks like its terminating right at the number 6 port, and usually you want to extend the plenum past the last runner.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
DavidBaustert;1216387 said:
I so much as figured that...as far as "parameters" I'm still not sure what you mean.

depending on what FEA program you are using, he might be refering to what kind of mesh you used. did you you a single pass or multipass adaptive (p-element). or he could just be refering to the flowrates, pressure, temp, stress/strain, etc
we use pro e and mostly analyze stress, strain and thermal distribution. ive never really analyzed flow.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
schokomanu;1223084 said:
What about the shortrunner which allows AC to be kept?
Will you produce some more of it?

Ron will make what ever FFIM you would like for the right price :biglaugh:

DavidBaustert

Nov 13, 2007
Dayton Ohio
sneakypete;1221107 said:
depending on what FEA program you are using, he might be refering to what kind of mesh you used. did you you a single pass or multipass adaptive (p-element). or he could just be refering to the flowrates, pressure, temp, stress/strain, etc
we use pro e and mostly analyze stress, strain and thermal distribution. ive never really analyzed flow.

I just used the default parameters in Autodesk. STP @ 1 ATM. As far as the other stuff I'm not sure. I can check on that further if you're really interested.

DavidBaustert

Nov 13, 2007
Dayton Ohio
ZFast300Z;1221094 said:
To the OP. What is the length of the manifold from the end of the number 6 runner to the end of the plenum? It looks like its terminating right at the number 6 port, and usually you want to extend the plenum past the last runner.

I believe its about 2.5 inches or so...the ports on the ends are also alot bigger.