My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Razoe - Great to hear!! Do it!! We all wanna see it!! mmmmm '92!!!

spilller/kevin - The paint was in an aerosol can from Summit racing. Brand name is VHT. It says to use a brillo pad and scuff the dash up. I didn't have any so I used some 1000 grit sand paper...not hard at all. just wipe it down with the 1000 grit sand paper then wipe it down with a wet rag and let it dry. No primer no clear coat.

Gaboon - The finish in person looks like it could've came from the factory like that which is what I'm definitely going for!! I found an area that won't be showing and used my nail to try scratching it up after it dried. NADA!! VHT FTW!!! I recommend to all.. We'll see how long it lasts. I did a couple coats of it. I'm going to have to get more to do the rest of the interior.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Today I got clutch/brake pedals for the car including the clutch line to do the auto/manual swap, started to do the fog light rewire so that the fogs come on without the head lights. Also sent my flywheel off to be machined/resurfaced. I think I can reuse the pressure plate so I'm trying to look for just a disk to replace it. I'm not sure if anyone sells the disk by itself for the Exedy Hyper Single Clutch. I had called Aaron from Driftmotion to see if he has anything that I could use. He said that this clutch kit is special so I can't just use any disk. I have to use the kit. Can anyone confirm this?

On another note... it looks like this build might be set on the back burner for a little bit. I'm not sure how things are going to turn out. I just found out my dad has cancer. Not sure how bad it is yet. Somewhere in/near the lungs. They said it has spread but we're not sure how bad it is yet. He's been sick and out of work since mid March. As of right now I'm not sure how things are going to play out. I'll probably just go work on it to take my mind of things... We'll see...

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
So today I thought I'd put the pedals in so I can get the dash back into the car so it doesn't get damaged,scratched or dirty sitting outside in the garage. I also dyed the dual pillar gauge pod. I'm going to need a couple more cans of the dye so I can finish the rest of the interior.

some pics...

p1528754_1.jpg

p1528754_2.jpg

p1528754_3.jpg

p1528754_4.jpg

p1528754_5.jpg

p1528754_6.jpg

p1528754_7.jpg

p1528754_8.jpg

p1528754_9.jpg

p1528754_10.jpg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Thanks onej!

91supra- yea I remember. Idk what he's doing with it. I think he slowly gathering parts for it. He's becoming like buckshot w too many projects ;)

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Picked up my flywheel from the machine shop today. Looks good. Nice and shiny!! I finished rewiring the fog lights. I also started to wrap my exhaust manifold. I forgot to get exhaust wrap ties. I'm going to start stripping the paint off the valve covers to be powder coated... pics to come soon.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I went to go look at this car it was nice but now it looks a lot better.Keep up the good work.I'm buying a 90 auto tomorrow.How hard was the pedal swap?

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
MK3.0dudeman;1529550 said:
I went to go look at this car it was nice but now it looks a lot better.Keep up the good work.I'm buying a 90 auto tomorrow.How hard was the pedal swap?

The manual pedal swap is really easy. just pull out the pin from the brake pedal and the pedal will come out then just slide the manual one in place and put the pin back in. For the clutch pedal pull out the perforations on the black foam shit, and then the pedal bracket will bolt right in with three 12 mm bolts I believe, then when you put the master cylinder in just bolt it in and put the pin in that attaches it too the pedal. Very simple took me about a half hour to do it on my old 87 turbo.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
91supran/a;1529482 said:
what are his plans for it?

Sorry man I don't know if I'm allowed to say. He likes his suprises. ;) I'm going to have to let him reveal the project to everyone. Paging emp!

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Supraflymk3;1529591 said:
The manual pedal swap is really easy. just pull out the pin from the brake pedal and the pedal will come out then just slide the manual one in place and put the pin back in. For the clutch pedal pull out the perforations on the black foam shit, and then the pedal bracket will bolt right in with three 12 mm bolts I believe, then when you put the master cylinder in just bolt it in and put the pin in that attaches it too the pedal. Very simple took me about a half hour to do it on my old 87 turbo.

yea the pedal swap are easy on our cars like he said^ For the brake it's justpulling the that secures it to the master cylinder. Use two 14mm wrenches and take out the bolt from the top of the pedal that holds it to the bracket. Pull the auto brake pedal out and put the manual brake pedal in. Secure it to the bracket and pop the pin in For the master.

The clutch pedal u need the bracket and the pedal. Remove the "foam shit" lol and you will see pree drilled holes up top and on the fire wall. Put the master in the hole;) and line upthe bracket. You'll need two 12 mm nuts and one 12 mm bolt.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

MK3.0dudeman;1529550 said:

Wait u went to see the black one or the Flat red one?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yesterday I had to take the dash back out cause I couldn't figure out where a couple plugs went. No one could figure out what the plugs went to... Then I realized i'm an idiot and I routed part of the dash harness wrong.

p1530275_1.jpg

p1530275_2.jpg

These go to the ebrake, mirror switch and lumbar switch on the arm rest.LOL!:nono:

So I put the dash back in and started to put some things back together. I still need to get more paint so I can put the rest of the dash back together. Then I'll work on door panels and the rest of the interior...

for now... some pics. Starting to look like a car again:biglaugh:

p1530275_3.jpg

p1530275_4.jpg

p1530275_5.jpg

p1530275_6.jpg

p1530275_7.jpg

not sure how i'm going to do this...
p1530275_8.jpg

I never took pics of the interior. no tears...
p1530275_9.jpg

I also ordered a new clutch disk. I'm going with the same clutch. Needed a disk badly. Pics when I get em.
Finally got a air compressor for the garage so I should be able to start fixing all that rust soon!!

That's all for now...

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Supraholics;1530279 said:
Looking good Chris!

Did you decide on the exedy clutch then?

Thanks. Yea I'm going to stick with the exedy hyper single until I can get a multi disc clutch kit. I just got my flywheel resurface and my pressure plate is still ok. I'm used ti the feel of the exedy plus for some reason I can't use a different clutch with the exedy flywheel so this is my best option.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
update...clutch should come in today. I've started to wrap my exhaust manifold. Wow that was fun... I also sprayed the base coat on my spoiler. Its looking good. I'll try to get some pics up when the clutch disk comes in and of the spoiler once i clear it.