My 89 Hardtop Photoshoot

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
akito;1459500 said:
Nice ride, the clear corners look great on your car. The rear could go a little bit lowered though. Sorry but i hate that exhaust IMO ( flame suit ready LOL). Anyways, love the paint job!
upgradedsupra;1459508 said:
Nice, just need to lower the rear. :)

Duane

Here's a sneak peak of what it look likes now. Sorry for the crappy pics.
p1459541_1.jpg

p1459541_2.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Absolutely beautiful. More on the paint job please. What paint system was used? Did you guys colorsand it, and to what grit? Brands of polishing products? Thanks.

Oh, and what color is the engine bay?

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Suprapowaz!(2);1459545 said:
Absolutely beautiful. More on the paint job please. What paint system was used? Did you guys colorsand it, and to what grit? Brands of polishing products? Thanks.

Oh, and what color is the engine bay?

lol, pretty much factory Toyota paint with the exception of the body kit and where it was once keyed. Just lots of care and wax, lol. I still need to detail it. I'm not sure what color the engine bay is but I don't like it. It's like a dull, charcoal gray.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Alec;1459546 said:
lol, pretty much factory Toyota paint with the exception of the body kit and where it was once keyed. Just lots of care and wax, lol. I still need to detail it. I'm not sure what color the engine bay is but I don't like it. It's like a dull, charcoal gray.

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Did you happen to have the whole car re-cleared when the body kit was installed? It's just looks really shiney.

Those pics make me want to paint my car that color.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Suprapowaz!(2);1459927 said:
Wow, that's pretty impressive. Did you happen to have the whole car re-cleared when the body kit was installed? It's just looks really shiney.

Those pics make me want to paint my car that color.

Nope, the whole car wasn't re-cleared.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have seen this car in person, and it is very beautiful. Did you take and edit these pics yourself, or did you hire a professional? We hired a Professional to do pictures of my kids yesterday, and she is photoshopping them now (Lighting, B&W, highlighting, etc.). We've seen some of them, and so far, they are outstanding pictures. Seeing her work, and your photoshoot have me thinking of one day having her do my car.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
ForcedTorque;1480435 said:
I have seen this car in person, and it is very beautiful. Did you take and edit these pics yourself, or did you hire a professional? We hired a Professional to do pictures of my kids yesterday, and she is photoshopping them now (Lighting, B&W, highlighting, etc.). We've seen some of them, and so far, they are outstanding pictures. Seeing her work, and your photoshoot have me thinking of one day having her do my car.

Really? Where have you seen my car? They weren't taken by a "professional", it's just his hobby.

phillyd

Supramania Contributor
Oct 15, 2008
Auburn, AL
Great looking rig you got there! Lots of hours spent on the engine bay alone to make it pop like that. Two thumbs up, for sure.

dblstr

Dec 23, 2009
SA
I dont suppose you have some higher resolution pictures? Ive been searching for a great a70 wallpaper and i have to say that is one of the best ones i have ever seen.

GothicRaven

The Wifes Mechanic
Jul 20, 2009
Western Australia
dblstr;1486430 said:
I dont suppose you have some higher resolution pictures? Ive been searching for a great a70 wallpaper and i have to say that is one of the best ones i have ever seen.

+1 That is one of the best A70's i have ever seen and good to see you kept the 7M engine , BEAUTIFUL Car !