My 82 7mgte Swap

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Since I'm too lazy to wait and see if anyone else chimes in....

I'm just flocking with you. :nono:

Can't even get a response back from the n00b. This weekend I'm getting the harness/ecu out of my car and I'm just gonna hardwire the mother flocker in there.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol

Thanks. I'm picking up another harness/ecu this weekend to see if I can't try myself and burn the car to the ground trying. This waiting for other people is driving me flocking crazy.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ lol, hell no it isn't running.

I ended up just telling him that I was done w/ the car until next spring (since I don't want to plate/insure it all winter and not be able to drive it... and that as long as I had something in my possession by 1/2/10, I'd be OK... I also added that if he felt he couldn't do that, to just send me what he had and I'd do it myself... so we'll see.

I thought about just pulling the engine back out and cleaning/painting everything up all nice and doing it right the first time... but I'd still like to hear it run and drive it before I go through all the effort... Not much of a market for lime green engine parts.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Updizzate:

Been working on all the little stuff... and I even painted the valve covers... Just for you Tanya.

I'm thinking the zipties should work pretty well to hold the IC up, so I don't need to make any brackets... yeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

Enjoy what should have taken me 10 minutes to complete! Sanding the lines by hand < using a DA, so everyone knows.

The green isn't even CLOSE to the car, which is what I knew was gonna happen... since Tanya said Adco blue would be ftl, I did it anyway.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pipe hangs down just a bit below the oilpan... I dont recall it being that low, but w/e. Don't plan on rally-xing this car anyway.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Will a PS pump fit in this space...? :nono:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

*edit*
oh yeah, and so Tanya would get off my sack... I even ordered ALL black couplers... so... yeah. Get off my sack, Tanya.

Should have valve covers bolted back down tonight, sprak plugs/coils installed, I MIGHT start on the real brackets for the IC,Who knows what else. I've considered pulling the radio and just throwing my gauges in there (no need for a radio) or getting off my cheap ass and ordering a A pillar pod deal... Source for those Tanya?

Any other comments, questions, or concerns?

*edit #2*
and I need doors.... bad. lol like... REALLY bad. :(

*edit #3*
Just ordered from, of all places, gaugepods.com... so n/m on that. Woot.

Last edited:

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
NIce build process. Don't give up just yet, but for instance if you need a wiring harness done, just talk to the guys at Phoniextuning.com . I've have always been a Driftmotion customer because they treat their customer right. Most of my near future parts are going to be from them or suprasport.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Delivered On: 09/25/2009 2:10 P.M.
Delivered To: ZIONSVILLE, IN, US

F*CK I WANT TO BE HOME RIGHT EFFING NOW... :runaway:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Got my harness in Friday... what a long ass day at work THAT turned out to be. lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

(I've been kinda rough on the under hood paint... if you hadn't noticed. lol)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO been a fun day!

I pulled the dash to make installing the gauges a bit easier. I've also been considering removing all the heat/ac-ish from under the dash. The heater core is trashed (and bypassed in the engine bay) so it's kinda just there 'for looks'. This will just be a summer car anyway, so I shouldn't need a defroster either.

I probably wont get much else done until Thursday... then it's 6 days off and I'll be out working every night after my son goes to sleep. (15 month olds + garages = "DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOU.... damn it..." lol)

I gotta apologize publicly to 935. Even with the wait, it was worth it. The harness looks 100x better than when I sent it to him.

Now all I need to do is get this mother to work. :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Anyone have an extra coolant hose thing that goes here for the turbo coolant line? I have no idea what the F I did with mine... I have PayPal ready...

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I have the elbow that goes in the missing gap.

I don't think its absolutely necessary to water cool the ct26, only that the function of the line is to cool the turbo if you did a hot shut-down and didn't idle a few minutes after a hard run before shut-down.

BUT don't plug that line, recirculate it to the nipple on top of the water neck meant for the return line from the ct26.
Think of it as another aid in moving fresh coolant to the head without making it hot by going through the turbo first.

I'll pm you.

-Dave

EDIT: If you think about what that lil circuit of flow is, its just a small circle that does nothing. I've heard bad things about plugging it off is all.

Last edited: