My 82 7mgte Swap

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've even told him he could just send what he had done and I'd be happy...

It was SUPPOSED to be mailed LAST Monday, but it didn't make it out for whatever reason... Sh*t comes up, I know that. But atleast reply to my PMs witha flippin "yeah I sent it" or "no, I didn't make it to ups". Especially when I can look at your profile and see that you've been on and your last action was 'viewing private messages'.

I almost ordered a LOT of stuff from him for this swap... I'm all about driftmotion now. Paying even double and getting it in a reasonable time would beat the pants off this.

5 months and counting...

I went to Toyota for parts today though... Just random bit, nothing fancy.

Anyone have any suggestions for how I should do thevalvr covers?? Obviously I'll have them done before I get a harness back. I'm thinking blue to match the Cuscos...?

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
what the FFFF Matt.

Green of course, like it was before. Green, black, silver.

Blue?? WTFAIL.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've always liked the green/blue combo... But if you insist... Once Nick wakes up from his nap I may run to advance and get supplies to do this. I wish I still had that spare set... Then I'd do one set of each color to compare.

I guess I have done a little bit of work since the last update... Removed everything from the fender wells, installed the afpr, and removed all the PS crapp... Unless I already posted that stuff. Then just pretend like ive got a lot done and just be in awe of my awesomeness and speed.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Mk3runner;1383839 said:
thats shitty, you should call them up and bitch.

I've been looking on celicasupra.com since I sent him my stuff... People have been waiting a year+ in extreme cases... Botching foesnt appear to do ant good. Once I get my stuff I may or may not make a thread about how awesome this experience has been.

I should just sell the car for $50 and start modding the STi or something. I'm not nearly as excited about getting this running as I was 3-4 months ago. He'll, it's damn near winter now.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Sorry man, I knew it would end up being like this for ya. I am so glad I've never ordered anything through that guy, lol.

BTW, use all black silicone couplers too. Possible powdercoat your cusco bar black if you can;'t find the right bright green?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Don't give up on your project just because of 935. Have you paid him already? And yes, you need to bitch. Squeaky wheel eventually gets greased.

Besides, just imagine how bad that car will be with that gte in it.:love:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I wouldn't actually give up on it... besides no one would buy it and the wife would kill me anyway. :biglaugh:

If I don't hear back before Friday, I may just have to make another phone call... as of 8/10/2009 at 8pm Indiana time, he had 'a few more wires for the SAFC to hook up' then he'd have it shipped out. and I got a 'thanks for calling to remind me'. :ugh2:

I should have done what I had originally planned on doing... making Rumptis do the whole damn swap for me for free...

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hmmm, theres alot of bs on this forum about 935... giving the benefit of the doubt sometimes doesnt work. but if theres progress guess its not too too bad.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Lol. I'm thinking "progress" is abut of a stretch...

We shall see what Friday brings. I'm off mon tues and wed next week, so having it here then would kick all kinds of ass. I'm sure I'll be let down again.