My 1980 hilux 4x4 7mgte conversion Alot of pics

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
I used nylon rope, it would work on one or two valves, butwould have to drop it back down and feed in more rope in some cases.

Hopefully I won't have to do it again in a hurry. But got a feeling I will have to. Shims are about the to go back in and seal it up again. Then I will get started on changing rear right axles (bent I think) and plumbing in surge tank and pump

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
It's a hell of a lot of fun, take it off road, was down climbing and running around in mud last weekend and this week racing it on the track with out changing a thing. Did a 9.1 on the 1/8 and second spun for a fair way as you can here in the video

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
caltrack not that great work wheeling but they work well going to build a set for my 94 auto cross truck

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Little update, got a roll bar bent up for it out of 3 inch pipe with a 3mm wall thickness. Taking a break from it atm but halfway through it, the sides/gates will follow the angle or the bar aswell

As you can see it sits a little high

Basically a rough before and after

And a good chance to clean up some wiring and change the thermo fans out, one keeps throwing the fuse

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Happy with it. And not overly heavy. Anything to keep the tyres in contact with the road a bit more haha. And as I said, to save my head. They are nicknamed the rollux for a reason lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They're stable as a rock compared to a jeep though :) Going with a wider wheel and tire package helps too, but I dunno about your laws there and if the tire HAS to be inside the fender...

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Tyres can only be an inch wider track than stock from memory.

Sorry about the absence from the thread, been working like a dog and got a new toy on the weekend. A Ford FPV GT-P, 5.4 litre v8, this one has been built and has a Yella Terra, whipple type charger putting out around 500 rwhp. No-where near as much HP as IJ's and only RWD aswell, still heaps of fun.