My 100 bucks FFIM

Edmundas

Feb 16, 2009
Klaipeda
Here is my ffim the plenum is from BMW v12 and the runners are from Supra.
Tell me what you think guys. :icon_bigg Sorry for the mess in the engine bay it is still an ongoing project.
DSC00282.jpg
DSC00288.jpg

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
OldSkoolSupra;1772336 said:
Watch cylinder six, you may have a problem with it running lean with that style plenum. Looks good tho

IJ.;1772447 said:
So you're saying it's going to get MORE air than the others??
(think about it)
This ^

That makes me wonder if air is equally distributed in FFIM. Can anyone confirm this?

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
a properly made/tested one, yes. this one...idk, im sure if there was a cheap solution such as this, it would have been discovered years ago

V8killer

I am pretty sure air dislikes turns so cyl6 won't have a lean issue it might have the exact opposite either way flow test will show if it gets starved or not. Look up stuff on fluid dynamics and u can basically have an idea as to how you need to build your stuff.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
mk3_7m;1772577 said:
That makes me wonder if air is equally distributed in FFIM. Can anyone confirm this?

Of course it isn't optimal. But it does go to all six. What is funny is all the people that say (ignorantly) that EGR causes detonation in cylinder six because it really only goes in that cylinder since it comes in the rear of the head. And the same people say a FFIM doesn't have that problem. ( because the JZ series has a FFIM). Let alone that EGR is inert and doesn't cause detonation, infact it causes the opposite.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
OldSkoolSupra;1772336 said:
Watch cylinder six, you may have a problem with it running lean with that style plenum. Looks good tho
I can see it. The Skyline guys had a problem with their number six going lean because of intake design. But different set ups act differently. But on topic I like your intake!

electricalbox

Nov 2, 2011
A+ for effort, but doesn't the new upper portion look tiny compared to stock. Sure it will get you better charge piping routing for a different FMIC, but flow will probably be much worse. Also, I would think the flow would be restricted seeing this was intended for a 4.8L v12 NA motor (or 2.4L per Intake manifold) IIRC and it is going on a FI 3.0L application. Regardless, for 100 dollars that is pretty sweet looking and thanks for sharing!

Edmundas

Feb 16, 2009
Klaipeda
engine is currently in bits, so was not able to test it. I will make my build thread when I will make some progress.
Spec for the engine will be: CP pistons, Eagle rods, TMS 2 mm head gasket, 550 cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, aeromotive fpr, full flow oil system, driftmotion upgraded oil pump, clevite bearings, upgraded ct26 (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?89954-Ct26/page2), ffim, 3 inch divorced downpipe, 3 inch intercooler piping, brian crower springs and retainers, some sort of cam regrinds haven't decided what specs, maft pro running speed density, innovative lc1 wideband.