msimsi10's 7MGTE build-up

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I don't think I'll ever do another pair it was a lot of work and a ton of time, not too expensive and well worth it.

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Just Finished the 3rd brake light will get some pics up when im done relocating the battery!

vIetDrIfTeR

Mar 19, 2010
d town
msimsi10;1657130 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Just Finished the 3rd brake light will get some pics up when im done relocating the battery!

is tat wen your steppin on the brakes or jus the parking lights

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
paradox616;1658391 said:
Nice work :)

how do you like the T61?

It's ok I'm going to get a bigger one this summer but it puts out good power. Ill probably be selling mine soon if ur interested?

vIetDrIfTeR;1658544 said:
is tat wen your steppin on the brakes or jus the parking lights

just the parking lights but i turned them up for the pic so they are as bright as the brakes

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Tucking the Wiring harness
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
Push;1662384 said:
What type of intercooler piping did you buy? eBay? Your thoughts?

Yea i got it off of ebay its the GodSpeed intercooler kit it just took a second to figure out how to get the pipes right they dont give you a diagram but its not hard. You just have to make mounting brackets for the intercooler.

modmonster2008;1662387 said:
nice tail lights i was lookin thru your build thread, what type of bulbs did you use on the license plates?

There are 12 white LEDs between the two sides just a little over kill.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Took my radiator out and this is what i found... it used to be square
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Amazing work man. I like the fact that you're sticking with the OEM exterior, hate to see a MKIII molested with the insane body kits. :nono:

Couple questions;

1. What kind of paint did you use for the waterpump and lower timing cover?

2. At what RPM do the turbo kick in? I watched the vid, but couldn't quite hear a spool when you down shifted, maybe it's just my laptop.

3. The radiator. :aigo: What the hell caused that deformation?

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
Supra28;1664002 said:
Amazing work man. I like the fact that you're sticking with the OEM exterior, hate to see a MKIII molested with the insane body kits. :nono:

Couple questions;

1. What kind of paint did you use for the waterpump and lower timing cover?

2. At what RPM do the turbo kick in? I watched the vid, but couldn't quite hear a spool when you down shifted, maybe it's just my laptop.

3. The radiator. :aigo: What the hell caused that deformation?

1. It is just the engine enamel spray paint form any auto parts store
2. the turbo starts to spool around 32-3500 rpms it's a good turbo and its for sale!
3. Blew my stock HG with 16psi lol that was when i first got the car I am just finally getting around to trying to get a new one.

mobes;1664013 said:
Nice build. Great work on the tails.

I'll second the WTF on the radiator?

slowmedown;1664034 said:
great build love the taillights and wheels. what kind of radiator is that so i know never to buy one?

Thanks!
The radiator Is a Godspeed it's not a bad Radiator it just didnt like high boost and a BHG

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
1JMike;1664560 said:
Great bulid man the lights look really good.
How does the ride feel with that suspention?

It's a little rough but that's to be expected but I don't have any complaints so far