Most obnoxious BOV

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok so I have a few Supras and I daily them all depending on what I feel like that morning. But my silver one is rhd and 2jz swapped and with the stock twins the turbo xs rfl was loud n proud, but now that I'm big single it works well but doesn't make much noise. This is my look at me car, pleas don't ask, but as so I'm looking for the loudest BOV I can find. Any suggestions from the masses??

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
With my HKS SSQV, I found it embaressing every time the thing would vent, particularly shifting next to a Geo or some such. I was so much happier with the recirculation fitting when the noise stopped.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
You can make the SSQV less irritating by removing the insert. It loses the high-pitched component and makes it tolerable imo. Still loud, but not bad loud.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
hahahha that duck call takes the wrap. I have a HKS SSQV and it's ridiuclous I actually wish I had my old greddy replica still but I sold it with my old supra.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok how bout this, I loved my rfl on stock twins (2jz swap) on 17psi, I'm at 10 now on a 60-1, and it's just not making nearly any sound, I'm not trying to be that ricer guy, but I grew to love it and now I don't hear it anymore. Any idea why it's not sounding off? It's functioning ok, just no sound

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
MNBmk3T;1955495 said:
The SSQV is by far the most obnoxious BOV around I think.

This. I've had two and at first you're like "yeaaah, look at me" then you realize "aw shit, everyone is looking at me"

I bought a recirculation tip and couldn't be happier

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
giterboosted;1956630 said:
Ok how bout this, I loved my rfl on stock twins (2jz swap) on 17psi, I'm at 10 now on a 60-1, and it's just not making nearly any sound, I'm not trying to be that ricer guy, but I grew to love it and now I don't hear it anymore. Any idea why it's not sounding off? It's functioning ok, just no sound

Usually it's a boost leak if everything is working correctly.

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
Torque;1956100 said:
Don't forget Greddy Type S.
^THIS, not obnoxious to me but that's just my opinion. Loud most definitely. I remember being a kid and riding shotgun with my Dad in his III. It's one of the few lasting experiences that carried over lol. Scaring joggers and what not.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I know that my Tial knockoff would make a nice, calm 'pshh' when light boosting,
But if i went to 12+psi, it would vent with an additional high-pitched tone added to it.
Maybe you just need to increase boost to get the original sound back.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
That's what I'm thinking, but I would assume ten pounds on the big single is somewhere close to what I had before in relation to actual air flow