Mo's 1991 Supra 500 rwhp Build-up (Long Overdue!)***New Pics on Pg.6&7***

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Picked up some Carbon Fiber goodies to compliment my CFX 2" CF Hood. Enjoy the pictures...

-Mo

Here's a list of what is pictured:
-CF Headlight Covers
-CF Wiper Cowl
-CF Door Sills
-CF Arm Rest

Enjoy the pictures...

-Mo

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1282245_1.jpg

p1282245_2.jpg

p1282245_3.jpg

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Hahaha I know. Especially with the Targa off. But hey, I wasn't going to say no to a FREE CF arm rest ;)

-Mo

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
LOL! Very much so. It's definitely the King of Bling!

Go big or go home as some would say lolol

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
They look really nice, Mo! :) The quality looks to be pretty damn good! I might be interested in a set of door sills, but as you know, I'm not all about flashy. :) I can't wait to see them in person! :)

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
^^^ Yeah I know. You're like IJ. Anti Bling-Bling. The quality is very good. Maybe you'll see 'em today ;)

-Mo

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
PHEW!!!:biglaugh:

...I FINALLY caught up in this build thread! (Thought it was funny I kept missing pieces... I hadn't SUBSCRIBED yet! DOH!)

Been catching bits and pieces... now I'll keep up to pace!;)

It's all looking good, Mo! I'm happy to share in the "anti-bling" camp, for the most part... so the point/counter-point thoughts in here are GREAT for consideration. That car color is really beautiful! I want to come take pics just to REALLY SHOW IT!;)

(Try an OVERCAST DAY where the lighting is even and better diffused and you don't have "hot-spots" from the sun... your color saturation will be deeper. Also, following a rain, even, will help to highlight what you got!;))

PS: Your first post goals are VERY MUCH in-line with my goals! Wish I had your MOTOR to start with! ...at least I got IJ's top-half...:evil2:)

-crisp

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
crisp;1283251 said:
PHEW!!!:biglaugh:

...I FINALLY caught up in this build thread! (Thought it was funny I kept missing pieces... I hadn't SUBSCRIBED yet! DOH!)

Been catching bits and pieces... now I'll keep up to pace!;)

It's all looking good, Mo! I'm happy to share in the "anti-bling" camp, for the most part... so the point/counter-point thoughts in here are GREAT for consideration. That car color is really beautiful! I want to come take pics just to REALLY SHOW IT!;)

(Try an OVERCAST DAY where the lighting is even and better diffused and you don't have "hot-spots" from the sun... your color saturation will be deeper. Also, following a rain, even, will help to highlight what you got!;))

PS: Your first post goals are VERY MUCH in-line with my goals! Wish I had your MOTOR to start with! ...at least I got IJ's top-half...:evil2:)

-crisp

Hey Crisp,

Thank you for the compliments. I have also be keeping up with you build thread. It took me a while to get through everything, however, it is very impressive. Definitely A+ in my book. You also can't go wrong with a top half Ian put together. I'm also a big fan of the Fighter Jet Start-Up Button :icon_razz

I'll make sure to use your advice when I'm finally able to take some good pictures. Initially, the CF hood was bought to replace my old, worn, dented stock hood. Now that it's all painted, I'm not sure I even wanna use it :3d_frown: I plan on taking a substantial amount of pictures before any of the new Carbon Fiber parts are installed. I want to be able to compare how the car looks with and without those added goodies.

Thanks again man!
-Mo

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Oh, yeah! I thought of one more photo-thought!

DON'T use flash! Try to always shoot with ambient (available) light, and if you have "less than ideal" illumination, just make sure your camera is SECURE and resting ON something, if not a proper tripod. Additionally, USE the 2 second (or similar) TIMER feature! MOST images that have less than GREAT crispness :)biglaugh:) are due to slight camera shake when the shutter is depressed. By adding the DELAY, you can get MUCH sharper images, just be sure to WAIT to move the camera until the exposure is COMPLETE! (Digital cameras are NOTORIOUS for delayed response!;))

Can't WAIT to see that car and color fully trimmed out and complete! I'm leaning toward a RIM in that color myself... maybe even powder coat the Solara rims and fit the best rubber I can on them!

-crisp

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Another quick update. I may be picking up another mk3 this friday for cheap. I'm debating whether to part and make some money or keep it as another project. It's an '87 Black NA with tan interior. It's also a targa top. Seems to be in really nice shape too.

I can't really afford another project, but I'll feel terrible for parting out a nice looking mk3. We will see....

-Mo

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Haha yeah it is a targa. I kinda of want to buy it for the wheels lol.

I'll probably end up parting it as I def. need the money to finish my build.

-Mo

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Haha Emp. Because I still have tons of work to do before installing it.

I've got to put my interior back together and replace the damn heater core. then I have to run my oil lines, install my new exhaust manifold, re-align my intercooler, and figure out what the hell I'm going to do about my intercooler pipes.

Once all that is done, I still have to make custom brackets and install my bumpers. THEN I'll be able to install all the CF stuff. But I'm gonna take tons of pics of the car the way it stands without the CF stuff first.

Wheew, I'm tired just by typing all that ;)

-Mo

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
well get to work son!

all that typing could've been you installing your interior. u know wat would go great with that cf armrest? some cf style shift and ebrake boots ;)