Modern Warfare 2!

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1449177 said:
Finally did get on last night, the ps3 servers went down yesterday for a very long time. Online name is majesticxii if you have a ps3.

what you talking about?
No such thing as servers for this game :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Bah. Kudos for the first game, guys, but when building a followup to an award winning game, don't try to up the ante on EVERYTHING, because you're just destined to fail big. Finished this already - short single player campaign, same as the last time. Not a fatal flaw, those come later.

This time it's confusing... there's usually not a clear path, and there doesn't appear to be more than one survivable path. The usual method for figuring out what the hell you did wrong is to die 15 or 20 times until you work out what went wrong. Worse, there are a lot of places where you think you can go *this* way if the fire gets too hot... but when you try, you get the fucking invisible wall that says, nope, sorry, looks clear, but Invisible Wall says time for you to reload and try again, because you're DEAD. Again. Furthermore, the story is *WAY* over the top.

There are some fun bits, but they are totally overpowered by the screwed up bits.

This is 20 pounds of fail in a 10 pound bag.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
GrimJack;1449553 said:
Bah. Kudos for the first game, guys, but when building a followup to an award winning game, don't try to up the ante on EVERYTHING, because you're just destined to fail big. Finished this already - short single player campaign, same as the last time. Not a fatal flaw, those come later.

This time it's confusing... there's usually not a clear path, and there doesn't appear to be more than one survivable path. The usual method for figuring out what the hell you did wrong is to die 15 or 20 times until you work out what went wrong. Worse, there are a lot of places where you think you can go *this* way if the fire gets too hot... but when you try, you get the fucking invisible wall that says, nope, sorry, looks clear, but Invisible Wall says time for you to reload and try again, because you're DEAD. Again. Furthermore, the story is *WAY* over the top.

There are some fun bits, but they are totally overpowered by the screwed up bits.

It funny you say that about the campaign mode. I was telling some friends that they "raised the bar". Let me take you back to GTA4, well remember some of the stuff that had to be done, kidnapping and bankrobbery? The people at infinity ward must have been paying attention, but because seems like they tried to "up the ante" I enjoyed it, but over the top indeed :evil2:

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Mr.PFloyd;1449454 said:
what you talking about?
No such thing as servers for this game :)

What am I talking about.....?

This:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/20354.cfm

After selling almost 5 million copies in its first day, the blockbuster smash Modern Warfare 2 had also "killed" the PlayStation Network, causing server overloads earlier in the day.

Says developer Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling: "It's a server overload not a bug in the code. They're working to have servers back up ASAP. MP servers gradually coming back online. Some users may still experience issues."

"Looks like it was the amount of connections at once that killed PSN."

As the day progressed however, the problem was solved and Bowling's last Tweet says: "PS3 Status update of the day: PSN Multiplayer should be running at full capacity. We expect smooth skies ahead."

If Rob Bowling uses the word server, I have to assume your statement is 100% incorrect. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
karlmk3;1450784 said:
the servers where down on the ps3 this games way sicker online then it is on single player

bhg_mkiii;1450795 said:
i got banned from xbox live =( so no more playing for me till i buy a new xbox
More evidence that consoles suck. My PC has never had a problem playing a game... and if it does, I can download a crack and ignore their servers.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1450727 said:
If Rob Bowling uses the word server, I have to assume your statement is 100% incorrect. :)
Congrats, that's matchmaking servers lol. The way you used to describe these "servers" were as if they were dedicated. No such thing in this game.
They weren't down, or else no one would be able to play. I have been playing for 9 days straight, so you sir are wrong :)
GrimJack;1449553 said:
SNIP

LOL @ playing COD for single player experience.