modded or bored stock injectors

Hi, I was just wondering if we could bore or "mod" our stock 440cc injectors into a larger cc? I know some cars can get away with it, if not better with them. My friend with an 08 wrx uses modded injectors to support his 20g turbo. Can we do the same with ours, or is it better to just get a set of pte or rc's. Thanks

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
It'll be as reliable as the machinist who does the modding makes it. Personally, I kind of figure that RC or PTE injectors will be more reliable, and, unless the person doing the machining knows EXACTLY what they're doing, more predictable.

A very tiny difference in tolerance, and you'll have mismatched injectors. It's highly likely that you'll end up with the injectors being an oddball flow rate, making your fuel system a "one of" meaning that you'll have to do all of your own research into tuning maps and the like.

I am not, however an expert in fuel injectors. Maybe these things are predictable and easy to do, but I will still maintain that a reputable manufacturer for replacement injectors is going to produce a superior result.

*TOUCH*

Feb 8, 2008
VA
will the connectors be the same or will i have to rewire them? also, what impedence do i need? the s4 rx-7's use low impedence and the s5's use high impedence and are not interchangeable.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The 7M-GTE uses low impedance injectors. The 7M-GE uses high impedance injectors.

Low impedance is BETTER imn this case, but a low impedance system will actually work for either.

*TOUCH*;981735 said:
will the connectors be the same or will i have to rewire them? also, what impedence do i need? the s4 rx-7's use low impedence and the s5's use high impedence and are not interchangeable.

tlo86;981935 said:
93-95 had side feed. they are the ones the MR-2 guys usually buy for drop in upgrades

Haha I was referring to the s4 and s5 fc's. Are they direct swaps or do i have to splice the clips? I can probably get them cheap from my friend that has a supercharged fc.