MKIII- Carbon Fiber Regulus Nose Panel: Interest Of Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
OKAY... Post up if you agree on the price so I can get a good count again and get ready to send your payment through PayPal. But first I'll need at least 10 buyers before payment could be submitted.

Regards,
Noel

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm still in at the $350 price Noel. Paypal ready as (almost) always.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Fred and Brad....I updated both of your status on the first page...I'm just curious if the other people showed interest/commitment in the GB are aware @ all of the update.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
SlimLim;1845841 said:
so whats the go, do you need the cash to be transferred now?
We need 10 buyers to continue with the GB and we are only half way there. Once we reach 10 then I'll need everyone to send their payments. After that I'll work on the replica getting it fix before the mold process.

-Noel

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
It only cost me ~$45 to ship a fiberglass regulus nose to another member in Canada via CanadaPost, and that was with the oversized package fee. Shine charged me $200 to ship an entire bodykit with a bomex replica wing from them in Cali to Canada, and that was with fedex.

I don't mean to cause you extra leg work by potentially looking at other shipping options but the $155 sounds odd to me, especially if hes in the buisness of making these sort of parts that sort of size cant be that uncommon. If I had to guess USPS or similar would likely charge the same ammount CanadaPost charged me (~$45) for sending mine if not less. Food for thought.

Even though I'm not in on this group buy I love these regulus peices and really want to see more of them out there, and it would be a shame if it couldn't happen because of something as simple as shipping.

Daniel.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I really don't ask why and just listen to the vendors reasoning why the cost is too high. But yeah I'm all up for it if anyone can point me @ the right direction where it's cheaper and reliable. I will not be responsible for it if it get damage though....knowing insurance does not cover for this type of material (CF).

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1852988 said:
I really don't ask why and just listen to the vendors reasoning why the cost is too high. But yeah I'm all up for it if anyone can point me @ the right direction where it's cheaper and reliable. I will not be responsible for it if it get damage though....knowing insurance does not cover for this type of material (CF).

I would check with Shine Auto. I forget the exact prices, but they were quite reasonable considering I could have used the boxes for makeshift beds...

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
te72;1853096 said:
I would check with Shine Auto. I forget the exact prices, but they were quite reasonable considering I could have used the boxes for makeshift beds...
Yeah, but I once spoke to Rodel regarding one customer wanting to use Shine for shipping and he said the cost will be the same and they will not take responsible also if anything happened.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Canuckrz;1852714 said:
It only cost me ~$45 to ship a fiberglass regulus nose to another member in Canada via CanadaPost, and that was with the oversized package fee. Shine charged me $200 to ship an entire bodykit with a bomex replica wing from them in Cali to Canada, and that was with fedex.

I don't mean to cause you extra leg work by potentially looking at other shipping options but the $155 sounds odd to me, especially if hes in the buisness of making these sort of parts that sort of size cant be that uncommon. If I had to guess USPS or similar would likely charge the same ammount CanadaPost charged me (~$45) for sending mine if not less. Food for thought.

Even though I'm not in on this group buy I love these regulus peices and really want to see more of them out there, and it would be a shame if it couldn't happen because of something as simple as shipping.

Daniel.
Daniel, I did inquire and ask one of the shipping store here and it's more the same (vendor) the cost to send it to NY & Florida if I have to spend my time/packaging/supplies.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hmm, do have to account for packaging supplies, hadn't thought of that... if you have to get special boxes for these, that could add up. I'm sure most of us (myself included) didn't give much thought to that.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I have a steady supply of long boxes from work so it wasn't an issue in my case (Toyota Canada ships almost everything that doesnt fit in a shipping tote into large slim boxes), that would make sense if you had to actually buy the specially sized boxes.

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
Any chance of these being made without the vents as an option (so they replicate the OEM nosecone, but without the badge)?

Cheers
Phil

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
1jz-Rolla;1857013 said:
Any chance of these being made without the vents as an option (so they replicate the OEM nosecone, but without the badge)?

Cheers
Phil
Phil, the whole point of the 3-hole Regulus nose panel is to allow more air to make it to the radiator, without needing to go through the intercooler. However, if you're just looking for a carbon replica of the OEM design, that could look pretty cool too, if you match it with a hood and headlight covers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.