MKIII camber... trying to debunk this "mkiii supra suspension sucks" myth

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Hi, there's this guy on the local car forums who linked to that blog post about MKIII Supras being garbage..

It's got the picture of that airborne rally MKIII with wheels extended so far that the camber has gone negative (due to the short upper and long lower arm)

My car has coilovers, and the camber is still positive when they are fully extended, and I've seen a few other pictures of cars with wheels all the way out that still have positive camber, but they might have had coilovers, too.

Can someone tell me: Does a stock MKIII suspension at full extension go negative?

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
I read the same article. It was good for a laugh, or a "no replacement for displacement" type person. But reading comments on that article, that specific car apparently was setup to have negative camber at full extension. So apparently, no stock cars don't do that.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
miekedmr;1982422 said:
Hi, there's this guy on the local car forums who linked to that blog post about MKIII Supras being garbage..

It's got the picture of that airborne rally MKIII with wheels extended so far that the camber has gone negative (due to the short upper and long lower arm)

My car has coilovers, and the camber is still positive when they are fully extended, and I've seen a few other pictures of cars with wheels all the way out that still have positive camber, but they might have had coilovers, too.

Can someone tell me: Does a stock MKIII suspension at full extension go negative?
Yes it does go Neg at full droop, this was why I short stroked the Koni's I used on my Mk3, but it's a moot point as to be fully extended you're not actually driving you're Hovering ;)