MK3 Supra Fitments/lowering tips and ideas

FlamingLeonidas

Jun 25, 2013
Graham
Hi guys, this is my first post so do forgive me if I'm screwing this up, but I have an 89 Toyota Supra Turbo with tems and was thinking about lowering it.
I'm still in school so I'm on a budget but at the same time don't wanna go too low.

I also have the stock rims and tires on it and need to get new ones because my are currently trashed by the past owner.

Please post some tips and pictures with your specs just so I can get an idea of what type of results I would be getting, thanks!

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
I'm in school (college) too and can barely afford what I've done to my Supra but over the summer I burned a hole in my pocket by purchasing some Megan EZ Street coilovers for around $650. I was thinking to get shocks/springs however, I REALLY wanted the option of lowering/raising my car when I needed/wanted to (pot-holes, driveway, etc). As a result, I spent the extra cash and till this day I'm really pleased with these Megans. I personally would not go with shocks/springs now that I've got these Megan's; for example, when I first threw on these coilovers, I could no longer fit above the carwash guide rails....so, as a result, I raised it an inch (benefit of coilover option) and was able to fit with no issues.

Then again, I never had any other coilover, so I don't have anything else to compare it to. But so far so good with these Megan's. If anyting, I hear the Stance coilovers are the best option out there. As a matter of fact, there is a dude in my school who just drove his 87' Supra Turbo back after spring break and his Supra has the Stance coilovers installed; I got a ride in it and it felt damn good compared to my Megan's. Stance is damn near twice the dollar though....so Megan's (budget coilovers) are holding me down for right now.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
^^ Good thread to start reading now OP.

You mentioned you don't want to go low or spend too much money you should get springs/shocks combo. Eibachs springs work really well with our car when paired with tokicos. You can get the adjustable tokico illuminas but I think they're discontinued a while a go and they'll work with TEMS. Hr&R springs are pretty decent too!

Lippard31

Apr 14, 2015
Hickory nc
i just put a set of lo-tek springs off ebay.. mine don't have tems on it but i am running factory wheels and tires.. dropped about 2 maybe a little more in the front and bout 1.6 or so in the back.. happy with it and no rubbing. not bad for 120 shipped to the door

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
kyb or tokico shocks and some lowering springs should be fine.
i have kyb's and h&r race springs. with a slight roll i fit 18x10 +25 wheels with 265-35's all around.