MK3 BBK Kit!!!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stupid question time (simply because I am new to BBK's). How hard is it to get replacement rotors for these down the road (and pads) and what is the expected normal DD life on the fronts?
Just curious because I expect that with my 2000-3000 km per year.. they may last the life of the vehicle.. lol.

Also.. drilled and/or slotted as options?

hardest part will be deciding color of the caliper.. red sounds nice. :)

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Kai;1754759 said:
Semi-related question....if these are LS400 calipers, is there any way to adapt these for stock front discs?

No the calipers are actually CNC cut down so they will get tight enough to the stock upright to fit the 13.5" rotors! So they will never come close to fitting a stock rotor at 12.3"

Seth

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

O not to mention the stock rotors are too thin for the calipers....

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
Grandavi;1754751 said:
Stupid question time (simply because I am new to BBK's). How hard is it to get replacement rotors for these down the road (and pads) and what is the expected normal DD life on the fronts?
Just curious because I expect that with my 2000-3000 km per year.. they may last the life of the vehicle.. lol.

Also.. drilled and/or slotted as options?

hardest part will be deciding color of the caliper.. red sounds nice. :)

seth has answered the replacement question everything is off the shelf products but if your buying a BBK just to drive the speed limit y not just paint the stock calipers red and call it a day. your wasting your time to install and money for something you have no intention of using for its capabilities.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
And you are thinking about it in reverse. You need big rotors not necessarily big calipers. The brake fade in a MK3 is related to the rotors not the calipers.

Needless to say the kit is a done deal not open for changes. There will be evolutions to come out in the near future though with bigger calipers and rears!

Seth

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
No update in a couple of days... Did we get enough ppl signed up for the group buy, so that things can get started?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Is there any option on the rotors. I personally prefer "Slotted Only" rotors. I would imagine "F" Sport division of Lexus makes these but am not sure??? Not getting picky tho, I know it is a group buy, I'd take the drilled and be just fine.

Seth, I am in on this deal when the rears come available, I will be checking in weekly for updates on this.. Thanks for the great looking work sir.

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
^^I'm figuring I'd be swapping in another set of slotted/x-drilled rotors and powder coating the calipers (blue) to match my paint scheme... once I have everything. Before I powder coat the calipers, I'd be rebuilding them anyways (no need to pay more for a rebuilt pair, but we'll see). Hoping Seth does have some options available, once he has enough ppl onboard. I understand it's a headache when trying to customize for individuals, on a group buy.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Yeah I'm one of those picky individuals also. I really really wish there a two piece rotor option avaliable. Billet aluminum for the center cap to save lots of rotating weight. Course price would also go up also, but I'm not concerned about that. But I'm still in position were I'm still deciding if I should commit to this group buy or not.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
blackkarma;1754768 said:
seth has answered the replacement question everything is off the shelf products but if your buying a BBK just to drive the speed limit y not just paint the stock calipers red and call it a day. your wasting your time to install and money for something you have no intention of using for its capabilities.

Yes.. overkill.. but better than original. I dont build my Supra to be a DD.. I just drive it as a DD. Its being built for the track. It just wont see the track. (make sense?)
Some of us dummies actually build the car for the car itself. I didn't repaint the car and add a body kit and whale tail because I am going to enter it into a car show either...

(just to be clear, I am not offended by the statement, because you are right.. its overkill. But I do actually drive the car at 180 KPH occasionally (ignore that if you work for law enforcement) but for only short spurts. If its better.. I want it. I dont know.. status??)

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
How the shit did I not see this thread before. What year Lexus are they from exactly? Could you sell just the brackets/rings by themselves?

edit: I see a lot of the parts are being CNC'ed for 'fitment' (like the caliper). seth: hypothetically, you could use this CNC bracket to mount the MKIV/stock LS400 calipers onto the MKIII hub correct? Or are the brackets altered in a way to fit the altered caliper?