mk3 4 a first car

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
well guys i bought a 3g eclipse its not bad its somewhat quick and its a 5 speed so its fun.If i save up ill probally have a supra at 20 because i got 2 years then i move out and head to college and as soon as i graduate i should have one

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
supralover2;1753240 said:
haha blue

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

about 8k ive been saving for a while but i dont regret it

Holy $%&W&^@ you could of had a very very nice MK3

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
Turbo Habanero;1753242 said:
Holy $%&W&^@ you could of had a very very nice MK3

i know but the one the dealer i met was a dick and said he would reserve it for 9k(it was a n/a 5speed btw) and come back next week and its gone. He could tell i was about to killl him. Hate asshole dealers like him lol. And he sold it to a girl for 5k what a fucking dumbass

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
Turbo Habanero;1753246 said:
never try and buy a 22 year old car from a dealer always a rip off

yep but the eclipse is a fun little car and its not that bad looking. Im probally gonna just do some cosmetics,Wheels,nightshade the taillights etc but probally just gonna put an injen cold air intake because cold air is more denser and better for your car right?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I didn't see that coming, but to be honest they're okay cars..

you keep saying N/A, are you talking about the 2nd gen eclipse? The 3rd gen is the convertible one from 2 fast 2 furious..

My brother in law has a GS-t Spyder, and it's a quick little car, and the Lexus foglight capsules I sell fit the fogs perfectly, hint hint..;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supralover2;1753245 said:
i know but the one the dealer i met was a dick and said he would reserve it for 9k(it was a n/a 5speed btw) and come back next week and its gone. He could tell i was about to killl him. Hate asshole dealers like him lol. And he sold it to a girl for 5k what a fucking dumbass
You'd be a dumbass for buying an NA for 5k too... unless it was damn near MINT.

Turbo Habanero;1753246 said:
never try and buy a 22 year old car from a dealer always a rip off
You know, I bought mine from a dealer (my first Supra anyway), took it off their hands for $1000. Had a BHG and a blown radiator (literally, exploded top tank), due to them trying to warm the car up on a -25°F morning, in case someone wanted to test drive it... Car was in VERY nice shape otherwise. :)

supralover2;1753247 said:
yep but the eclipse is a fun little car and its not that bad looking. Im probally gonna just do some cosmetics,Wheels,nightshade the taillights etc but probally just gonna put an injen cold air intake because cold air is more denser and better for your car right?
If you're going to do the taillights, I can only recommend ONE light coat of the stuff. Nobody likes getting rear ended because you were dumb, painted your tail lights black, and now your brake lights can't be seen... ;)

Honestly, if I were buying a car like that, I'd merely leave it alone. Drive it for transportation, and keep up on the maintenance, while saving for your future Supra. :)

Otherwise, you're going to have a shiny, blinged-out Eclipse, that's slow as balls compared to a Supra you could have had...

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
RazoE;1753480 said:
I didn't see that coming, but to be honest they're okay cars..

you keep saying N/A, are you talking about the 2nd gen eclipse? The 3rd gen is the convertible one from 2 fast 2 furious..

My brother in law has a GS-t Spyder, and it's a quick little car, and the Lexus foglight capsules I sell fit the fogs perfectly, hint hint..;)

3g hardtop not convertibles for me

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

te72;1753536 said:
You'd be a dumbass for buying an NA for 5k too... unless it was damn near MINT.

well i LOVE supras lol i would of killed for a supra :evil2:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's good you got the hardtop, because 4 seat convertibles are for girls. Wanna talk about chassis flex...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Skip the Niteshade and use Lamin-X. Bit more expensive, but removable if you get in serious trouble with the law. Also harder to screw up (and looks better since niteshade is flat)

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
Poodles;1753665 said:
Skip the Niteshade and use Lamin-X. Bit more expensive, but removable if you get in serious trouble with the law. Also harder to screw up (and looks better since niteshade is flat)

never heard of that Lamin-X but ill look it up

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

te72;1753658 said:
That's good you got the hardtop, because 4 seat convertibles are for girls. Wanna talk about chassis flex...

ya thats what i thought to and i probally have the nicest car out of the kids that actually buy their cars not mommy and daddy

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Poodles;1753665 said:

wow thats pretty cool stuff but its like 70$ for tail. But thats pretty sick like you can just put it on and take it off

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supralover2;1753835 said:
wow thats pretty cool stuff but its like 70$ for tail. But thats pretty sick like you can just put it on and take it off

"Gotta pay to play", keep that phrase in mind when you eventually get a Supra. There are few cars that is more true about...