Minivan vs. Honda

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Well I was thirsty, and both of my cars were boxed in. Minivan was the last in the driveway, so I grabbed the Valet Key (I know because it has "Valet Key" printed on the key), and took it out, heading up to CVS because it's the closest place that's open 24/7, and because they sell Arizona Tea, 24 oz cans for a dollar.

ANYWAYS, as I pull up to the first main road, a friend of mine drives by -- A 96 Integra GS-R. I pull onto the road and catch up. We come up to a 2 lane road, I pull up beside him and we go. We were at about 35-40 mph at the time. I'm full throttle and pulling on him a little bit, then he just flies by once we're at about 60. I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt because the engine wasn't exactly warmed up at that point, but I think had it been I would've had em!

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
RazoE said:
what kind of mini van?

some Previas are supercharged, and Sienna's are surprisingly quick...

Quests hall ass, too..
It's just a like 92-94 Plymouth minivan. No SC, and it's run to shit. It probably has around 250,000 miles on it, but the meter broke at around 130. :p

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
If you go to sites for companys that import cars from japan alot of them are modified (lip kits, intakes and such) also i remember seeing a honda odysee in turbo magazine iirc.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
89supturbo said:
If you go to sites for companys that import cars from japan alot of them are modified (lip kits, intakes and such) also i remember seeing a honda odysee in turbo magazine iirc.
You can drop an H22 into a first gen Odyssey.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
What the topic started failed to mention about this is that there where three people in the GS-R and it was only at 40% throttle in 3rd the whole time. I know cause I was in the back seat of the teg.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
I think it's cute that you know how to read a VTEC controller. I do recall faintly hearing the engine turn over just as the teg passed me, so with a throttle that low, it must've been cruising along at a nice 5500 RPMs. Revving nice and high to be racing a minivan.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
Actually....VTEC in the GS-R happens at 4400 RPMs then the butterfly opens at 5200 RPMs. Plus 5500 RPMs isn't all that high only a little over half way through the power band.