me drifting my 4 door supra..... 90 cressida

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
very nice. not bad at all.
if it was me, i'd smack the announcer.
unless i knew him.... then i'd punch him.

but, overall very nice. good work.

i mean to tell you this before, but forgot:
i went to the formula D show this past april at the wall township speedway in NJ and was pretty sure that i saw your former drift taco. snapped some pics of it and when i got home, i compared them to your cardomain and sure enough, it was! wasnt real tough to notice... i mean, how many 2wd white lowered tacomas are there with corbeau seats, huh? lol.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
supra90turbo said:
very nice. not bad at all.
if it was me, i'd smack the announcer.
unless i knew him.... then i'd punch him.

but, overall very nice. good work.

i mean to tell you this before, but forgot:
i went to the formula D show this past april at the wall township speedway in NJ and was pretty sure that i saw your former drift taco. snapped some pics of it and when i got home, i compared them to your cardomain and sure enough, it was! wasnt real tough to notice... i mean, how many 2wd white lowered tacomas are there with corbeau seats, huh? lol.
yup, that was me. and yeah, i know the guy anoucing. he is my friend buddy what ever you want to call him. His name is Matt Petty, he own/runs www.clubloose.com and formerly DGtrials.com, runs all the drift events at Englishtown AND........... makes suspension parts for supras if anyone wants to buy them http://a1racing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=35 any my car needs a diff so F@#$ing bad. O, and can I see the pics you took or were they just to see if it was my truck?

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Toycoma: Damn the codec thing got me yet again!!
(which one is needed to view this?)

MA71: LOL I remember reading somewhere on the old SM that one couldn't drift with an auto and an open diff ;)!

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
IJ. said:
Toycoma: Damn the codec thing got me yet again!!
(which one is needed to view this?)

MA71: LOL I remember reading somewhere on the old SM that one couldn't drift with an auto and an open diff ;)!

Heh, I bow down to him. It's possible with an automatic, just a lot of extra work (especially with an NA!). An open diff is something I personally can't drift for long in the dry -- so that's where my's hats really off to him

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LOL I'm guessing you don't remember the thread I'm talking about! ;)

It was firmly stated that in no way shape or form could you drift an auto or an open diff! (one guess who the source was!)

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
well the car is not an auto (it has a W58 tranny in it) but its still the 7mge and open diff. I need a diff bad because it gives you way more car control with the throttle. i was drifting it like this before i had the coil overs too.
ANY ONE WHO CAN NOT VIEW IT NEEDS DIVX

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I believe your year of cressida can use the aftermarket LSD's intended for the mk3. If so, you've got a lot of otions:

ATS deftforce 1.5- or 2-way
ATS Metal and Carbon 1.5- or 2-way
Cusco MZ 1, 1.5, or 2-way
Cusco RS 1, 1.5, or 2-way
Kaaz 2-way

All are available through HPF ;)

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
ma71supraturbo said:
I believe your year of cressida can use the aftermarket LSD's intended for the mk3. If so, you've got a lot of otions:

ATS deftforce 1.5- or 2-way
ATS Metal and Carbon 1.5- or 2-way
Cusco MZ 1, 1.5, or 2-way
Cusco RS 1, 1.5, or 2-way
Kaaz 2-way

All are available through HPF ;)
if only i had a sponsor to pay for all the crap i need. I am working on that though. Perposals go out this week to every tire company in the US. Then its off to local places and crap.

P

PunaMKlll

nice vid! got any of your tacoma:icon_razz

Last edited by a moderator:

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
Paradox said:
yeah the open diff really gives you a dissadvantage but damn, nice representation doing it how the car is! kudos!
thanks, maybe by the end of the year i'll have a turbo 7m and a lsd in it and can really destroy shit. thanks for the positive feed back guys.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
supra90turbo said:
yeah... let me see if i can dig up that pic...

hm.....

ah yes. here we are:
thats my baby. notice how far off i was parked from the rest of the cars? they tried to get me to park closer to the car on the right and pull up father but i was F(&$# that and parked it as away as i could. you know that place is selling to a home developer and will be gone for ever and they also had over 5000 people at that event and at 10 dollars a car and atleast 2000 cars, they made 20000 just on parking. o and whos supra was that parked by my truck. i cant remember if where it was but i know it was around my truck somewhere.