Manual TO Auto and a340e Build Question!

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I might be converting my car to an auto over my rebuild for the next year. It's my daily. Going to be shooting for the most I can get out of a 57 trim ct26. I'm assuming the max that turbo will flow is around 450whp?

To convert to auto, I just need a auto computer and the shifter correct? I remember my harness having a plug for both manual and auto. And obviously driveshaft flywheel and all that.

What does it take to get the a340e to hold 400-500whp reliably with quick shifts? I noticed Level 10 sells a kit, I haven't heard of them however. http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_PTS_Toyota_Bulletproof_Rebuilding_Kit_p/toy-ja110-5000.htm

Transgo also sells a shift kit for it. I have a dealer master tech here than can build for me at a very good price. Anything else I would need or you would reccomend?

3k stall converter, suggestions to get me around there as well?

I'm just thinking about going auto because I"m setting it up as more of a drag daily car. I'm sick of clutches wearing out and slipping on me. I currenlt have a w58 and don't want to get a strong clutch, launch it and have the trans break. Pretty sure a moderately built auto is cheaper than a r154 + twin disc or strong clutch. Also don't want to be replacing a high pressure 6 puck every 30k miles.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I have a Level ten built auto I was going to put in a 92 auto that I picked up, but would really be more interested in doing a 5-spd swap on it. Depending on what you have, we may be able to work something out. I have their max level tranny and torque converter and also lines/cooler. Very few miles in my bro's car before he went 5 spd. Don't know the stall though and they couldn't locate it when I called.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I'd say I'm interested but that'll probably be too much for me and would be cheaper just to find a r154 and get a good clutch. I've just been debating where I want to go with this, seems if you want to get the a340e to hold over 400 it's going to cost a lot. I might just buy a new 6 puck disc for my w58 and call it a day even though I'll sadly be limited by clutch power than what car can run. ATFspeed ist elling me 400whp 2nd gear sprag is going to break essentially.