Magnesum oil pans.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I see some of you guys have these. I can't find were you got them or what you paid for them? Also any clearance problems, and by how much did it increase capacity?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
They hold 8qts

There were very limited numbers made for the Group A Race cars back in the late 1980's now and again they pop up for sale but you need to be fast and prepared to pay the asking price.

Lots ;)

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
IJ. said:
They hold 8qts

There were very limited numbers made for the Group A Race cars back in the late 1980's now and again they pop up for sale but you need to be fast and prepared to pay the asking price.

Lots ;)
Ahh well, I had a prob. with rod bearings going out with hard cornering and braking, starving the pickup I think. I had 2" welded to the oil pan and pickup with a couple of dams to keep oil to the pickup, but haven't been able to get back on the track to see it it corrected the prob.. Seemed like the Magn. pan would have been a good fix. Hope my fix works I'm tired of rebuilding. Thanks OLD MAN:biglaugh: I see you're catching some flack on one of the other threads. Can't let these wippersnappers get under your skin.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
AJ: LOL I'm having some fun on a day off ;)

The scrote couldn't get under my skin if he tried.

There are some pics of my Mag pan in my pics thread it works very well but was a bit exe.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Thanks IJ. Sounds like the boy needs to go burn some tires or something. Pretty funning though. And it is better that watching TV.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
IJ. said:
AJ: LOL I'm having some fun on a day off ;)

The scrote couldn't get under my skin if he tried.

There are some pics of my Mag pan in my pics thread it works very well but was a bit exe.
Just was looking at your build pics. Man I thought I went through a lot building mine!!!Does it ever stop or are you like me you can always find something else you want to do with it. Hey 12 cylinder:naughty:No really looks really good IJ. Bet its fun to drive. Wow what a lot of work and money.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Dig for dinosaurs. When you find a complete one, there will be your oil pan.

(Uber rare if you haven't taken note)

Some people have welding on "wings" to their pans.

^Listen to IJ. He speaks the truth.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
MDCmotorsports said:
Dig for dinosaurs. When you find a complete one, there will be your oil pan.

(Uber rare if you haven't taken note)

Some people have welding on "wings" to their pans.

^Listen to IJ. He speaks the truth.
I had a hard enough time with the extra 2" depth on the oil pan when I dropped the motor in. I would think the "wings" would make it a little tuffer.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
IJ. said:
AJ: With the GrpA Pan I have to remove the subframe brace then it goes straight in no probs (I drop the fully assembled motor and trans in complete from dump pipe to FFIM)
The sub frame brace, is that the bar that goes accross? If that is yes I've always taken that out anytime I've pulled the motor. Maybe it just looks to me very wide and I thought that there might be some prob. side to side maybe with headers or something on the other side. Thanks

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Mrbaboon said:
Last one I saw with my own eyes, I believe ~$1300.

Too much? Who knows.
Yeah wayyyy too much. It cost me $80.00 to have 2" welded on my pan and pickup and the dams put in. Just haven"t got to the track to try it out. Thanks