MAFTpro tune problems

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
You want to DECREASE your enrichment values. Any number present in those fields will add to the final ve airflow calculation which is then spat out on Freq Out to the TCCS.

My MAP and Boost enrichments are currently set to 0.3 , with a stock CT-26 that's maxed out.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Sounds logical , Thanks
Today the VSV took a crap on me. Had to take vacuum off of the cruisecontrol to get home. It'll be hard to get to that vsv to replace it :/

One more thing the car started doing (I changed back to the old config, cause I had no time to tune the new, and I don't think that I've changed anything there) - On certain throttle setting and rpm and gear it starts bogging- ~9 AFR. Well, going WOT in 2nd gear @ 1500 rpm isn't a problem I guess, you don't do that often :D and I've probably never tried it before, but what bugs me is that it did it in first gear today, numerous times, so I don't think that's coincidence. Just goes very rich and starts bogging. Just at about 1200-1500 rpm. Could there be anything else off besides the VE Table? Open loop comes in after those ~3400rpms only and TPS position is irrelevant?

Tried to lover Boost psi set and psi start today. With set 8 and start 3 it cut my fuel just about at the end of 2nd gear where the boost spiked (for a long time) onto 10psi. How to get the boost controller more into grip? The EBC manual says only lover the start psi...but soon I can't go any lower anymore? I think I need to read throttletech more...

JimR, how's (when? and how much :D) that stock ct spooling? Airflow mods? I have a just rebuilt stock ct26 lying around that I wanted to install on my car before I got this car :D and now I'm thinking of selling the 60.1 and putting the stock one into use. I start flying at 3.5k rpms and that's actually a joke... :) I want instanteneous boost, but also would like, approximatelly, the power I have now :D Now it also has 3" IC with pipes but I'll install 2,5" there for shorter lag (and besides, 3" is way too big I guess...)

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
First, as far as I know, open loop happens after 70% TPS, regardless of rpm. Second, open loop also happens after 3500rpm with a certain, lesser amount of TPS... I'm not sure how much.

The likelihood of Fuel cut will increase as the RPM's rise, due to the increase in air consumed. Your 60-1 is probably flowing a ton of air in the higher rpms.

Watch your Boost Control Dutycycle in the Monitors. 100 is 50%, 200 is 100% (holding the wastegate closed).

Check your ALDL Flags, and make sure that the 'AF Tracking Enable' is Disabled when you expect it to be (part throttle, anything under 3500rpm and/or 70% tps). Just to make sure that PTT isn't coming on when it shouldn't....

Yes... I have lots of airflow mods :) Have a look at my profile. My CT spools as low as 2000rpm in fifth. Full boost by 2500 or so. That's only on the long pulls though.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Try unplugging the MAFT unit and plugging it back in again. Mine will do the bogging at 9.0 AFR now and then as well - every couple months, anyway, and it's solved by unplugging and plugging the unit back in.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Interesting, will try and look that tomorrow!
AFR Tracking and PTT should be disabled. If the bogging persist, I'll try and make a log tomorrow.

And the spool in first/second? :) (I'm a cityman, like to fly till ~70km/h, not much more). I hate that I'm now already at/over that speed when the car starts pulling in second :D Oh, what a feeling :/

E: @ Grim - Yesterday I put in my other MAFT controller from the other car that has the r7 resistor desoldered and the other two resistors soldered in ( ) for the timing monitor/control. Maybe it has to something with it?? I'll try unhooking it tomorrow.
Have to read the Timing controlling thing too and assure that it's deactivated for now.

E2: Don't think that that was the VSV, probably the wires again, since they broke in my hand. I plugged the vacuum, without the VSV for now...

E3: The bogging was due to the initial values (-10) in maftpro for Spark control :) As I turned them to 0, the problem went away.

Last edited:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
THREAD REVIVAL Just got the car moving again after winter and summer

But it still cuts At least when fast driving and shifting from 1 to 2 (at the beginning of the 2nd gear).
And it still doesn't see the Supra Timing either.

Today I reset the VE table settings etc and logged some highway runs (left the VE table untouched ~wants to run a bit rich on part throttle).

So when running 3rd gear I noticed that the tune goes leanish - ~12.3 at ~5000 rpm, so I tried adjusting the user HI tunes.
It must be said that it DID NOT cut with this tune.

As I want a safe 11 AFR I tried getting it. Went as far as getting the user tunes ~20 points and then the fun began. It started cutting, but not fuel dependent, cause at 4k rpm's the af is nicely 10.8 or so, but as rpms rose and if the fuel stayd about the same....

I'll upload the log, hope you can see it and help me, cause I myself don't understand the problem.

Still running ct 60.1, big intercooler, big pipes, afpr, blitz bov that may be letting some boost out ...

Oh and after highway I could't try 1-2 gear runs, as the city was full + the 90* coolant hose at the side of the engine went Last week when I first started the car the 90* hose at the back of the engine went.... (I'm hoping they just died at an old age and I don't have any bhg pressure in my engine )

Just for clarification : I'm changing the HI tune between the WOT runs in this log. I think there were 3 runs. You can see the cut coming in sooner and sooner as I richen up the mixture.

THe bin is also included. When logging the boost was set to 9psi though IIRC.

THanks a lot!!

Attachments

• cutting.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 1
  • New Text Document (2).txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 0

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I read a bit on the topic and found some answers - ofcourse I send too much signal to the ECU, just how JimR said a couple of posts back. Now only how to lower it...

Am I really pushing so much air at 9 psi, that the stock open loop settings are going on the lean side? (~12.5)

I read that everyone else pulls fuel in open loop, but I have to put on, and lots of it (would like ~11 afr). Fuel pressure was at 40 psi with vac removed (highest stock setting). I just put it to 43 psi. How much would be nearing max duty cycle/effectiveness for the stock injectors?

I have 550's laying on the shelf, but I want to wait til I'm going FFIM, so I don't have to take the manifold down twice :)

Last edited: