maftpro is working

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
jpeek29208 said:
ok heres a questions or two:
for target af feature do you have to have the wideband in and on all the time? Do you tell it to do target af and it sets up a map or what?

Which leads to, can i use someone else's wideband to tune my car and then give it back to them after its set?

Josh,
If you want MAFT Pro to auto tune, you have to have the WB monitoring the A/F's. You can tune it with a WB & then remove it, but you will not have the auto tune function.

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
but i mean like, can u say autotune. it tunes it, then can you remove the wideband.

like will it do all the work for you then u can remove the wideband, or do you have to leave the wideband in all the time,

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
jpeek29208 said:
but i mean like, can u say autotune. it tunes it, then can you remove the wideband.

like will it do all the work for you then u can remove the wideband, or do you have to leave the wideband in all the time,

Once you take the WB out you have to adjust your A/F's much likr you do with a SAFC.

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
What you do is, hook up the WB, set it to auto tune and data-log how much fuel is being taken out and such, save that log. Then take out the WB, and use your log files which show how much fuel the MAFTPRO was taking out when it had a wideband on it. Manually take out the same amount of fuel at each point. Get it?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Chris-Supra said:
What you do is, hook up the WB, set it to auto tune and data-log how much fuel is being taken out and such, save that log. Then take out the WB, and use your log files which show how much fuel the MAFTPRO was taking out when it had a wideband on it. Manually take out the same amount of fuel at each point. Get it?

exactly. to use the AFR tracking, you MUST have a WB in place....it won't work w/o it. if you want to use the AFR tracking to "auto tune" you can use the above described procedure....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Does anyone happen to know the ISC valve pipe outer diameter for that breather filter to be mounted to? Is it 12 or 15mm? I know that the obvious thing to do would be to go and check my ISC valve but since my car is totally apart I'd have to dig up in tenths of bags and boxes in my garage in order to find it...:icon_conf

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
Well, I got my MAFT Pro wired in yesterday. I am just waiting for a 3/8NPT bung so I can hook up the AIT. I am interested to see how well the timing monitor works.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
heh. wish i could help yannis! i just went and looked and i don't even have an ISC anywhere anymore!
LOL :biglaugh: , that's interesting. How does your motor run without it and combined to the maft pro (if that would affect in any way)?

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
My MAFT Pro is installed. The timing monitor is working good. 7 at idle and increases when I rev the car. Now get the Timing adjustment built in!

Good stuff.

joefoe

Oct 13, 2005
where are the instructions for hooking up the timing monitor? I have 4.4 but can't seem to find out how to hook up the timing monitor.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
as always, see mkiiitech.com.

there are prelim instructions on my FAQ thread there. i'll be publishing a MKIII specific install doc @ some point....and it will include the timing monitor setup.

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
Here is a pic of R7 (the resistor you clip).

r7.jpg

So will changing the values in the VE table effect timing like adding or removing air (like the SAFC does)? I figured if you messed with the main scale it would screw with timing but I am not sure about the VE table.

Last edited:

Giallo

Jan 20, 2006
Sweden
Somebody who can give me a map or tuning points to work from, 550cc & walbro 255. 10psi of boost is what i have.
I cant get any idle at the engine either, dont know is it is the tuning of the maftpro that is the problem. i get som "idle" when i squeeze the trhottle a little bit, but the rpm just go up & down.

Help i dearly needed.

Ciao!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Giallo said:
Somebody who can give me a map or tuning points to work from, 550cc & walbro 255. 10psi of boost is what i have.
I cant get any idle at the engine either, dont know is it is the tuning of the maftpro that is the problem. i get som "idle" when i squeeze the trhottle a little bit, but the rpm just go up & down.

Help i dearly needed.

Ciao!

first off, ensure that you have the MAFT pro properly setup- what are your settings?